My boyfriend

Old 01-06-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Daisydoc,

I know you're not giving him an ultimatum or anything like that, but IF he had to choose between his drugs and you, which one would he choose?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sara21 View Post
Daisydoc,

I know you're not giving him an ultimatum or anything like that, but IF he had to choose between his drugs and you, which one would he choose?
I think that if I made him choose, he would ultimately choose drugs because he thinks of it like medicine, like food, water. Honestly, I think initially he would choose me, but he would fail and then a cycle of please one more chance would start. This would happen until he gets actual help and realized drugs are not food, water , or medicine that he cant live without.

Sorry I didnt reply to this sooner, I didnt see it until now.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by dasiydoc View Post
I think that if I made him choose, he would ultimately choose drugs because he thinks of it like medicine, like food, water. Honestly, I think initially he would choose me, but he would fail and then a cycle of please one more chance would start. This would happen until he gets actual help and realized drugs are not food, water , or medicine that he cant live without.

Sorry I didnt reply to this sooner, I didnt see it until now.
Sadly, It is like the air we need to survive.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Ned Wicker

Question Why do you "want to be here with him"?

I'm an addiction counselor and spend my time helping people to try to end their addictions or trying to help their family members. If you where my patient I would have so many questions for you.

How old are you? How many previous relationships have you had? Where do you think this relationship is going? How are you going to avoid being REALLY hurt?

I read your post and couldn't help thinking what you'll say a year or two from now. I agree that you need to attend Al-anon or Celebrate Recovery meetings at a local church and try to understand what you're getting into. The likelihood of this ending well is not high.

I guess having seen what I've seen it is hard to imagine that it's worth the commitment you seem to be making.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dawicker104 View Post
I'm an addiction counselor and spend my time helping people to try to end their addictions or trying to help their family members. If you where my patient I would have so many questions for you.

How old are you? How many previous relationships have you had? Where do you think this relationship is going? How are you going to avoid being REALLY hurt?

I read your post and couldn't help thinking what you'll say a year or two from now. I agree that you need to attend Al-anon or Celebrate Recovery meetings at a local church and try to understand what you're getting into. The likelihood of this ending well is not high.

I guess having seen what I've seen it is hard to imagine that it's worth the commitment you seem to be making.
I will need a very LONG appointment with you.

Im sure you could be very helpful to me with your experience. I am startign to thing that I may need to look into actual help for me. But maybe I am like my boyfriend and not ready to take that step yet?