New Years Eve Codie Party!!

Old 12-28-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Sounds like a fun night too Laurie. We will miss you but know you will be with us in spirit.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I have a few codie games in mind - please feel free to add any ideas.

We could play:

Hide the drugs and see who can find them first.
Who can crack into a computer fastest.
Oh and oldie but a goody, who can find the smallest pupils in the room.
and my favorite....The BS meter game (who's lying and who's not game)
Old 12-28-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

For an addicted family member this was a crazy codie moment.

My oldest AS, is disabled and it was decided due to the nature of his illness he could not handle his own finances so I was his payee... (I went through hell with that)

I could not keep him in a house or apt. because he always had so many people over so I had him in motel rooms, I would buy his food I always made sure he had a room with a small fridge and microwave at least he would call and say he was out of food and I would have just went shopping 2 days before.

I would go shop again and at that time hubby and I were paying the difference because sons check would not rent a room for an entire month and buy food not to mention his cigs.

He would call me about people coming and eating his food and would not leave his room so I got fed up one night and went to the room. The security guard stopped me and asked me if I could get son to not have so many people over I told him son had called me and said they were just coming in and he can't get them to leave so I go to his room, knock on the door and some guy opens it he says can I help you..

I look around 4 people in the room at the time I pushed past they guy YES you can by getting the he77 outta here and that goes for ALL of you. They looked at me like I was crazy I told them how tired I was of them busting in my sons room and eating up his food etc... One guy told me on the way out the door you know what you don't have to treat me like trash your son is "trading" his food we are not taking it. I told him what a liar he was etc...

Everyone left except one girl apparently she was sons current whatever then someone knocked on the door I start toward the door son is saying mom don't get it that is those other guys I was telling you about. I didn't open the door but I asked who is it and they guy said his name and I told him he would NOT be coming back in that room.

He informed me he be dammed I called my middle son told him I was having problems so here he comes got stopped by the cops on the way for speeding.

Next thing I know there are 6 guys trying to break the door down I called the police and son is ducking behind the bed thankfully for me the cop that stopped my son followed him there because it turns out the guys outside had guns out ready to shoot into the room. I don't know what he did but he must have done something, I put myself in a very bad position.

The guys saw the cops and ran the cops walked me to my car and I got the heck outta there, did I learn anything nope went back next time he called took a gun with me and threatened the one guy I regonized when he came back to the door. SMH
Old 12-28-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

On one of Addicted Other's binges in NJ he was running low on money and drugs...knowing I was getting my paycheck that day AO began talking sweet to me. Telling me he needed money. Just twenty dollars would be fine for him. My paycheck was on $220... but i thought i could spare the $20 for him to use for gas to get home. I stepped away from my phone for an hour to get ready to go out to send him the money. As i picked up my phone to head out the door i noticed many unread messages from him. It started with asking for twenty then forty... just going up and up. The last message asked me for two hundred just to be on the safe side and he promised to bring back change. Thankfully i sent him nothing... but i wasnt ready to change yet.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

(((interbear)))

I would really like a makeover too. Please let me know what county jail I need to be in so I can get your next order.

Jeeesh, what a woman will go through for the price of beauty. lol
Old 12-28-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
I have a few codie games in mind - please feel free to add any ideas.

We could play:

Hide the drugs and see who can find them first.
Who can crack into a computer fastest.
Oh and oldie but a goody, who can find the smallest pupils in the room.
and my favorite....The BS meter game (who's lying and who's not game)
Oh and of course...We will need a "drink counter" but there will be no need to count mine. I always just have two drinks aka "as a couple"
Old 12-28-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Codie stories.. I have so many... In the beginning of my marriage to EXAH i used to comb his truck, pants pockets, closet etc.. for drugs and flush them once i found them.. like that was going to keep him from getting more..

"We" used to go to AA meetings and NA meetings three or four days a week.. I would pick out potential sponsors while "we" were attending meetings and working on his recovery.. of course my EXAH had no interest in getting a sponsor because he was still going to meetings high as a kite..

I made a copy of his truck key after he hid his keys from me because i was going through is truck and would go through his cell phone that was also hidden in his truck and text all of his drug dealers threatning to turn them into the police if they contacted my EXAH again.. He just found more drug dealers..

I bailed him out of a huge tax debt which i am still paying for..

During the 5 years that we were married, My EXAH never had to worry about paying a bill, when the bill was due or even how much we owed for lights, phone, etc. I took care of all that, all he had to do was hand me over a certain amount of money a month and I never ever got the full amount.

I would drive around at 2 am looking for his truck when he hadnt made it home yet.. I would wake up at all hours of the night and check to see if he was parked in the yard when i knew he hadnt made it in the house yet..

Towards the end I got where I would hide my food, tolietries, laundry detergent and other house hold items because I was the only one purchasing them and they were being used at an alarming rate.. this became the new normal for me..

My God, when I look back at the insanity that I lived in, the crazy ways that I acted in my efforts to "fix" him.. it just exhausts me..
Old 12-28-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I really liked when I first joined here and was asked the million dollar question...

"what are you doing for you?" Uhmmm, hello? I am here looking for help for him...aren't I??

Old 12-28-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
I really liked when I first joined here and was asked the million dollar question...

"what are you doing for you?" Uhmmm, hello? I am here looking for help for him...aren't I??

Totally!

Can't any of you see that I am the golden child? The light and the way?!! I don't have any issues, it's EVERY SINGLE OTHER PERSON I KNOW. What a staggering coincidence! :crazy
Old 12-28-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by interrupted View Post
Totally!

Can't any of you see that I am the golden child? The light and the way?!! I don't have any issues, it's EVERY SINGLE OTHER PERSON I KNOW. What a staggering coincidence! :crazy

Don't just hate how the rest of the world has so many issues?

I always joke with my husband about how *I* was the one trying to save and fix everyone else in my life. No wonder they are all so screwed up now.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I think that the only people that can understand how funny this thread is are the ones that have lived through all of this..... It's a perverse thing to find myself laughing out loud here. Thank God we can all laugh together!

My most codie moment was when I allowed then ABF (to become husband) to move in with me and my sons. He knew that he couldn't get sober and stay sober on his own and moving in with me was the only way he could "do it". Me...the GREAT SAVIOR and purveyor of the sober living house. Geeez!!!!!!! How did I not get the risk that I was taking????????? This was a man with a 20 year crack addiction, failed 5+ inpatient rehabs, blah, blah, blah...... and I thought that was a GOOD idea?

His old girlfriend tried to contact him when he first moved in and I wrote her to tell her that he was changing his playmates and playground.....actually used those words. Told her that his sponsor told him that she had to be dead to him. Guess who was the woman he tried to contact the night that I moved out...yep....the one and only old girlfriend.

Not the most hilarious of stories but I am able to laugh now at the power that I thought that I had. Ahhhhh....the days of being "uber girl".

Once I realized how horrible it was to live with him I began to plot how to get him to relapse so I could kick him out (like I couldn't do that anyway?). I have a friend that was a judge and judge friend was going to get a vice squad buddy to get us some crack that we could leave out around my house in the hopes that that would trigger a relapse.

Since he was also addicted to women and sex we also plotted how to send him annonymous letters asking him to hook up....then I could catch him trying to cheat on me.

I want the password to the party!!!!!!! I know my stories aren't nearly good enough to get one but I hope that I'll get the "at least she gave it a try" password. Pretty pretty please?

Now....that's pretty friggin codie to beg and plead to "please let me in" the codie New Years Eve party!!!! But....I REALLY REALLY want to go!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Oh lightseeker, you make me laugh! If a "normie" ever read this they would really thing we were all nuts, but we were!!

Of course, you too get a VIP password!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:37 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'm the happiest codie in the world!!!!! You are right....a "normie" would probably be beside themselves and call for the wacky wagon to come and take us away.

I love my codie friends!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:53 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Oh yes, normie friends are just too boring for me now...yawn!! LOL They have no idea how to do a reverse phone numbers, check redial, check bank accounts, play hide and go seek for drugs, search for the truth, check pupils, call dealers, hack computers, drug test a grown adult...... just too dull and boring, I tell you!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:48 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

LOL. Reading this thread has brought both sadness and laughter to me tonight. Sadness that we have all been through the same craziness and I'm actually able to laugh since I've turned in my detective badge. Amazing how we would probably make the best detectives in the field after living this life. All my normie friends ask me for advice now when they need to figure out how "they can fix" their problems. Thanks again....
Old 12-29-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am loving this thread. I remember when my son went to his first (of dozens) rehab and the counselor talked with me separately, explaining addiction and the possibility of relapse. I actually said to him "oh, you don't know my son, he's never going to use again." ever so smugly.

Years later I was speaking as a codie to families at a rehab meeting and that same counselor, now in a high position with the government health department, was there. After I was done, I approached him humbly and asked if he remembered me, and he laughed and said "yes, you are the mama whose son was "unique"", lol. We both laughed at how naive I had been.

It is just as well that I didn't know the entire truth at that first meeting, I would have probably driven off the first bridge. As it turns out, all the pain and all the "lessons" have brought me to a place in my life more beautiful than where I would be if I had just been a "normie".

So I wear my Codie new years hat proudly and am ready to party with all the crazy people here...they "get" who I am and are way more fun.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:58 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I've done so many things both codie and crazy. Somehow, I think it is all related.

It's a Friday (pay day), my exabf comes home from work. Proceeds to tell me that he will not be eating dinner as he is going to shower and then leave to help one of his coworkers paint his fathers garage....right, I believe him.

He goes into the shower, dinner is ready, nothing fancy sloppy joes. I proceed to gather up his shoes (all three pair of them)put two pair in the trunk of my car, the other pair were his work boots...I decided that they were hungry...I stuffed one sloppy joe in each toe of the boots and added a few chips as a side dish.

Out he comes, all dressed to paint, clean jeans, shirt, socks, hair combed, he can't find his "going out" tennies, but he didn't care, he was in a hurry to meet his "friend" down the street, so he attempts to put on his trusty work boots ....OMG they don't fit, his feet grew in the shower! Nah...it was me, I did it!

You should have seen his nice white socks, rather than the ever so popular gold toe variety...he had made a new fashion statement, the red toed designer sloppy joe sock!

Did that stop him...no...off he went in his designer socks, almost running down the street to meet his dealer...didn't see or hear from him for 3 days...he came back with furry slippers on, not sure if he stole them or what! Another fashion statement in the making!

To be continued....remember...I'm No Angel!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

the skills that we pick up are amazing....we can read twitches, nods, blinks, breaths, and head turns like NO OTHERS!!!!!

The idea of those skills being tested in a party setting is so intriguing!!!! Think of the cummulative knowledge that we have. We could start a business "Codie Detective School".....have classes in narcotic detection, cocaine detection, is he cheating, seek and search, location/location/location. It's limitless.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

An army of 13 year old girls have nothing on our Facebook stalking skills! And the detection, oh geez, when I read about Laurie operating the checkpoint all I could think of was us commandeering the detection squad: "Okay everyone, remain calm, we're going to need to form several lines here... Check... check... YOU! Opiate line! Check... check... YOU! Benzos, to the right please! Check..."
Old 12-29-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I've done all the regular codie things:

Hide his car keys.
-He had an extra set-

Disconnected his car battery.
-He just called a cab-

Let the air out of all four of his car tires.
-He hopped on his bicycle-

Let the air out of his bicycle tires.
-He rode the thing with flat tires-came back the next day, said his bike was stolen (while on his drug run),later that day, I went outside...guess what...my bike was stolen too...in my backyard, behind the fence...wonder how that happened. The thief must have known where I lived!

Parked right up to the back of his bumper. Garage door in front, me in back. Now, I had him exactly where I wanted him, he couldn't drive drunk, I won!
-He rocked his car back n forth,badly dented my garage door, drove over my sprinkler system, nearly ran me over and left- cost me mega $$'s to repair the sprinklers and replace the garage door. I did call the sheriff, he was arrested, tossed in jail, got DUI #1...like a dumb azz, I bailed him out...first and last time!

Took his cell phone, dropped it in a cup of water, battery and all, carefully dried it, darn it wouldn't work.
-Didn't phase him (although he never figured out why the phone didn't work), he sat there and played with it for a 1/2 hour or so, then he left, pawned the phone and charger for $20, did drugs...I found the pawn receipt in the trunk of his car, plus one for a gold necklace of mine. Yeah, I was playing detective.

The moral of the story, none of my codie insanity did a thing to improve the situation, just cost me money!