It's been one week...

Old 12-21-2012, 04:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's been one week...

It's been one week since I kicked my ABF out of my house. It's been the first week in a year where there was no fighting or me getting angry about his lies and such. I do miss the good times, but I can't live with his issues anymore. His reckless behavior. His lies. We got engaged last Xmas eve and things feel apart from there. I have so much more to write...I'm not sure how to say it without rambling on. Please give me reassurance that all will be ok. Thanks...I have to leave for work now...I may work storm duty this weekend which would be great. Keep my mind off things.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It will be ok.

It takes time and lots of growth, but you made the first and probably the hardest step.

You will heal, we are here and we care.

Have a good day and keep posting.

Lots of Love to you Katie
Old 12-21-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Momzo

You will fine. You may stumble and take a step back at times. But keep heading forward to a loving future.

Carrie
Old 12-21-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that you're having a difficult time right now but happy to hear that there has been some peace for a whole week. That part does feel good, doesn't it?

I remember when I decided to divorce my XAH. It was scary and I hurt so deeply. I swore I would NEVER get married again. It wasn't worth it.

Two years later I met a man. A strong, handsome, kind, intelligent, HEALTHY man. Never say never. We married and we've spent the last 27 years together.

If I had never had the courage to get out of that horrible, unhealthy relationship with my XAH, I would have missed some very happy years with a very special man.

Will it be ok? Yes. Take the lessons that this relationship taught you.....you learned what you don't want in a relationship. Take time to heal from the pain and dysfunction. And keep moving forward one step at a time.........

Take care of you.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 12-21-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for all of the kind words and encouragement 😻 yes, it does feel good having peace this week. No fighting, no worrying, no stress. A coworker commented me today for looking well rested! Well I got the call to pack up and work the storm that hit the west side of Michigan. I'm glad ill be working during Christmas 🎅

To all you wonderful SR friends...have a Merry Christmas!! I'm very thankful I have you!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You have a Merry Christmas as well I am glad you got that call as it seems that is what you wanted and like the others said you will be OK. we all will.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

May this be the beginning of many, many more peaceful weeks and restful sleeps for you. Keep taking care of your SELF!