large drug bust in my town.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

large drug bust in my town.

I live in a small on the eastern shore of maryland.

For some good news- 71 have been arrested in a year old undercover operation. $1 million in drugs taken off the streets and $600000 in property. 6 are being charged as drug king-pins.

This is good news for our town.

Sadly i found myself scanning the lists carefully for Addicted Other's dealer. Looks like he wasnt charged.

Not that it would matter... AO would just find another.

But Wtg police. Happy to see them off the streets for now.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm close to Savannah, Georgia and they have been reporting amazing drug busts in the news. In our rural farm land over $1 million of pot was discovered and destroyed in the fields.

OUT IN THE OPEN!!! Planted next to a very busy interstate. The illegals were found with huge containers of water and had tents set up with food supplies.

OK, what is missing here? How did the farmland owners not know that are area as large as that was growing pot. The illegals did not have a vehicle. Who dropped them off??

The other biggie here is meth, it's now popular to make it in a 2 liter bottle driving around town.

It seems it will always be some drug or another available!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I know where you mean, secondwind. We were living there up until last year. It is very good news! Hope it helps.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

I live on the outskirts of Jacksonville Florida where they seem to have huge drug busts on a weekly basis, prescription drugs and meth are a huge problem here .. I used to scan the names in search of my EXAH dealers.. buy ya know what i soon learned.. for every 71 busted there are 171 more out there dealing the stuff.. you have to separate yourself from the maddness, realize that if your addict is going to use he is going to find the drugs..
Old 12-20-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yep! I lived close to Jax and I remember how easy it was to get drugs. My addict relative was driving to Jax to get drugs from an illegal pain management center.

I forgot about the prescription drugs, they are very easy to get here too.

Sadly, the only way to stop the drug dealers is for people to stop buying them.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
I know where you mean, secondwind. We were living there up until last year. It is very good news! Hope it helps.
I don't think it will really help in the long run. I have been in the area since 1999... and have just watched it get worse and worse. The murders and crime and drug use is crazy around this town. New drug dealers will just spring up. And the ones that didnt get caught will be excited about the.new.business coming their way. I know ot won't "HELP" but i think they need to continue doing these operations
They finally just torn down the old hooker and junkie hotel. I actually ventured out to watch it.
CARRIE
Old 12-21-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Carrie,
I think it is getting worse all over! I grew up in a small rural town, moved away to get a job, moved back after retirement. We are so small our entire county has one high school!

You hear people say they did not lock their doors growing up - but it is true. We finally had to start because we had an elderly neighbor that would just walk in without knocking.

NOW I keep my doors locked during the day, and we have a security screen on both doors that stays locked. We have had 4 murders in 3 years in our little tiny town. Two were shot when they answered the door - all are drug related.

I was grocery shopping and two guys were smkoing pot in the parking lot at high noon. I feel like pot is well on it's way to becoming legal - but right now it's not in our town. After having and AH and and AS that fact doesn't make me happy.

I have been in line waiting to be checked out and it is so obvious that some of the people are high on something. All of us have been around users long enough to spot it easily.

Drug use appears to be more acceptable today - even in some of the sit coms - or maybe it always was and I am just more aware of it!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think it is just becoming more acceptable. I rarely go on facebook, but when i do i am surprised at the very lax statements of pot, wine, and xanax. I am horrified by this.. but seems like i am in the minority.

CARRIE
Old 12-21-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by helpme33 View Post
I have been in line waiting to be checked out and it is so obvious that some of the people are high on something. All of us have been around users long enough to spot it easily
I hate being able to spot users a mile away.

CARRIE