SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Slightly OT; Want to Share Something (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/278125-slightly-ot-want-share-something.html)

zoso77 12-19-2012 07:32 PM

Slightly OT; Want to Share Something

Without getting too personal and revealing a whole lot, someone very dear to me passed away this past Sunday.

We met at a time in my life that was pretty dark, and if it wasn't for her, I probably wouldn't have made it. Looking back, I think God sent her to me.

Her wake was yesterday, and when I spoke with her children, I told them what their mom meant to me and that they should be very proud of her. And after I shared that, I went outside, got in my car, and succumbed to my grief.

Death's a weird thing. A couple of years ago, I lost my mentor, a victim of alcoholism and alcohol dementia, and in very tangible ways, he's still very much alive because of everything he and I shared together. Death can't take away what was. Love trumps death every time in that regard.

Anyways, I'm grieving. Wanted to share...

Ilovemysonjj 12-19-2012 07:37 PM

Dear Zoso, Just sending a hug to you. Your posts help everyone on this board. I lost my Mother in Feb of 2012 and I understand the grief. Let your sorrow flow, let your heart remember and thank your HP for putting a special person in your path. Living with grief is not easy, but I always believe it is so critical to speak even more to your HP during the hard times, let the tears flow (grieving is a process) and look outward for your serenity.
Hugs and prayers to you,
Teresa

crazybabie 12-19-2012 07:53 PM

I am sorry for your loss keeping you in my thoughts.

mstrust 12-19-2012 07:58 PM

i'm sorry for your loss, zoso... i know how it feels to lose someone that means that much and helps in ways they probably could never comprehend. sending good thoughts your way. and i'll say it again, your posts have helped and are helping many on this board. myself included. thank you.

LoveMeNow 12-19-2012 08:04 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Sometimes it hard to understand God's plan but there is no doubt in my mind, that God waited until you were "OK" before he took her home. She is watching you, and I am sure she is smiling. God Bless!

Vale 12-19-2012 11:53 PM

I lost my best buddy in the whole wide world
recently,too.I miss him so.But I was so proud
to have been given the honor of being Dennis'
best buddy.Our sadness will fade in time---- the
good fortune of knowing them will not .

Kindeyes 12-20-2012 12:05 AM

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Grief is an expression of love. How very special that you shared with her children how deeply she touched your life. I'm sure that your kindness in their time of grief was very comforting.

Very gentle hugs for you during this difficult time
ke

Katiekate 12-20-2012 03:52 AM

((((((((((Zoso))))))))))))

Maylie 12-20-2012 06:12 AM

I'm sorry for your loss., it is always hard when we lose someone we love.

My dad passed suddenly when I was 15 years old and a way my family has coped was talking about the memories. Being able to remember someone and being able to tell stories about the times you shared with them is amazing.

That was so special that you shared with her children the impact she had on your life. That is such a personal wonderful thing.

I hope you can remember all the great times you two had. Try not to bottle up your grief, it ends up tearing us apart in the long run.

jewel14 12-20-2012 06:20 AM

I am sorry for your loss...

NewWingstoFly 12-20-2012 07:02 AM

Those we love remain with us
For love itself lives on,
And cherished memories never fade
Because a loved one's gone.
Those we love can never be
More than a thought apart,
For as long as there is memory,
They'll live on in the heart.

Author Unknown

(((Hugs)))

zoso77 12-20-2012 08:12 AM

I just wanted to thank those who responded to my post. Your kind words are very, very much appreciated (tearing up in my office reading them). God Bless You all...

ZoSo

helpme33 12-20-2012 10:04 AM

I was so touched that even in your grief you reached out to her family to express how much she meant to you.

(((huggs and blessings)))

Kevah 12-20-2012 10:55 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. I have no magic words to make it better, but wanted you to know that your story touched me. It was very kind of you to say such sweet things to her children.

cece1960 12-20-2012 11:12 AM

That was very touching zoso. I am sure her children have found comfort in your words to them.