Letting Go

Old 12-04-2012, 05:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Letting Go

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Letting Go

"How much do we need to let go of?" a friend asked one day.

"I'm not certain," I replied, "but maybe everything."

Letting go is a spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical process, a sometimes mysterious metaphysical process of releasing to God and the Universe that which we are clinging to so tightly.

We let go of our grasp on people, outcomes, ideas, feelings, wants, needs, desires - everything. We let go of trying to control our progress in recovery. Yes, it's important to acknowledge and accept what we want and what we want to happen. But it's equally important to follow through by letting go.

Letting go is the action part of faith. It is a behavior that gives God and the Universe permission to send us what we're meant to have.

Letting go means we acknowledge that hanging on so tightly isn't helping to solve the problem, change the person, or get the outcome we desire. It isn't helping us. In fact, we learn that hanging on often blocks us from getting what we want and need.

Who are we to say that things aren't happening exactly as they need to happen?

There is magic in letting go. Sometimes we get what we want soon after we let go. Sometimes it takes longer. Sometimes the specific outcome we desire doesn't happen. Something better does.

Letting go sets us free and connects us to our Source.

Letting go creates the optimum environment for the best possible outcomes and solutions.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you! I need to read this every day!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Letting go, detachment and acceptance are the toughest concepts I've had to face. Letting go of my fear was a biggie. The fear that my son was going to die dictated my actions. And let's face it, actions based on fear are seldom productive or intelligent. Acceptance that he is an addict and death is a very real possibility was a tough pill to swallow. Detaching from his crisis du jour and not responding to him out of fear (a fear which he was well aware of and nurtured) was healing for me and disarmed him.

Thanks for sharing these readings. I have this wonderful daily reader on my iPhone but its such a vital resource, thank you for taking the time to share it with everyone here on FFSA.

gentle hugs
ke