Need a boost of prayers please

Old 11-29-2012, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need a boost of prayers please

I'm having a really rough time accepting my son's current status of relapse. He is adamant about his intention to get sober on his own (with street bought suboxen). I'm trying my best to stick to my boundary that I won't have an active addict in my life, refusing to see him right now (we are usually very close), but I'm aching all over. This hell has such a physical impact on me, as well as emotional. My fibromyalgia and psoriasis is in full speed ahead. I'm exhausted yet have horrible nightmares when I do fall asleep, just have a really hard time letting go. Words are so easy. Actions are so tough.

So I'm just asking for an extra dose of prayers for God to give me some peace in my heart that I am doing the best I can. I am so scared. My lifelong friend lost her supposedly recovering 21 y/o son to a heroin OD this past August, so that fear is so raw in my mind.

Thank you
Old 11-29-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You and your dear son will be in my prayers.

Take care of you.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 11-29-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Another mom here sending up prayers and hugs for you. I have been where you are and it's the hardest thing in the world....except having a front row seat on the roller coaster....that's even harder.

Keep posting. It helps.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

DJO822 - You are here surrounded by many people who have gone through what you are going through and have found ways to make our lives manageable while we do what is best for our beloved addicts (loving detachment). You are also in my prayers.

Here's what I do when I wake up at night (which is nightly). I have an MP-3 player by my bed and have some good, positive stuff on there that I turn on to listen to. I sleep alone so I just listen through the speaker (albeit a crappy one) turned down as low as possible. I also have a radio right there that is set to the local Christian station and has pre-sets to any positive talk station. I learned the buttons to push in the dark so I would not have to turn a light on. I invariably fall back asleep in 2 minutes! I find that the more interested I am in the topic, the faster I fall asleep (sigh..). If I do not turn anything of that on, I just lie there for hours and mull over worrisome stuff.

My technique might not work for you, but there is something out there that is a good fit! I guarantee it!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Dear DJ

You and your son are in prayers. Fear and anxiety can be so overwhelming.

I love these verses when I am anxious, I hope it brings you some comfort too.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Also

Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?
Jeremiah 32:27
Old 11-29-2012, 10:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dear DJ, sending my love and support, we all understand. I love the suggestions from Sojourner, sounds like welcoming the positivity unleashed the energy that uplifts our souls.
Remember, you are not in charge here. I remind myself daily that my God knows much better than I and trusting Him is the only answer.
Love,
Teresa
Old 11-29-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

sending out my prayers & good Mom thoughts too ~

an exercise that was given to me by one of my sponsors - picture your loved one at an innocent state ~ before addiction became a part of their life and in that place give them to their HP. . .

I always picture my oldest daughter curled up in her favorite red pj's snuggled up with a book, resting on the sofa, in her HP's cozy living room - protected by her HP ~

when I close my eyes at nite - I say HP tonite she rest in your home, please take care of her ~

Just my e, s, & h

pink hugs
Old 11-29-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am sending prayers for you and your son.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thinking of you during this difficult time...sorry you are going through this. Please remember you are doing the right thing; stay strong.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Love and prayers from another Mom. I keep my Kindle next to the bed and when I can't sleep (or having an anxiety attack) I read it to get my mind off AS and it usually calms me and I fall back asleep.

whaty
Old 11-29-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Many blessings to you tonight. If you can, try to take the long view, allow the very real possibility that this is but a page in a very long, unfolding story which will have many passages through darkness and through light. Try to breathe deeply when you are afraid, and with the exhale, let go, and place your son in God's care.

Hoping you will get plenty of rest and good nutrition as you allow time to unfold. Hoping you will not be alone with this, and will reach out to your friends for their loving presence.

There is always hope. The world is full of people who are in recovery.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

More hugs from another Mom!!! I too have my Kindle by my bedside and spend a lot of time waking up and reading something fun in the middle of the night. I refuse to let my mind spin at night otherwise it will become a habit!!!

Hang in there....you have a lot of positive support here!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Sending prayers your way today. I do audiobooks at night to fall back asleep.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

DJ0822: So difficult and heartbreaking. I pray for continued strength for you and healing for you and your child.