my piano

Old 11-28-2012, 11:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my piano

has really helped me lately. Its helps me to do something to focus on me and the kids birthdays have kept me busy. I am proud to say that I've stuck to my word and ABF is still no contact with the children, although I still choose to speak to him and have not ended the relationship. Since his excursion the weekend before thanksgiving I see him working his program again and has since started individual counselling on a weekly basis. I am glad that he is abstinate since then, and I just watch his actions. Im not sure what else to say, except that this week has been good. Its just wierd how he gets clingy in dry times. has anyone else experienced that? why does that happen? and how much time passes before dry time turns into recovery?
Old 11-29-2012, 06:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank goodness for that piano! Keep it up if it makes you feel good!

Abstinence vs recovery? Very different and one doesn't always lead to the other. Time always reveals more and it serves no useful purpose to think about that which is out of our control.

Keep up the good work on you! And keep playing your piano......I wish I had your talent as I'm a music lover who can't play or sing a note but music brings me great joy and is part of my daily meditation, reading, and "me time" each morning.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 11-29-2012, 06:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are protecting your children from the chaos and instability that accompanies addiction. Hopefully you have firm boundaries in place to protect yourself should his abstinence prove to be shortlived. Have you thought about writing them down? Along with the steps you will take if they are violated. Its an easy exercise which will help you in your journey of self discovery and it may save you heartache. It certainty can't hurt.