My boyfriend does crystal meth

Old 11-28-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My boyfriend does crystal meth

My boyfriend recently admitted to me that he was a crystal meth user. I knew that he smoked weed and I was never fond of that but I thought that it was just something he would grow out of but instead it turned into something worse. Looking back I feel so stupid to ignore the warning signs like him getting angry with me for ordering chicken instead of steak at the resturant and his sleeping patterns were so off. we were riding down the road and ran over a snake and he freaked out thinking the snake was now in the car. How could I be so stupid? His dad died in a car wreck 2 years ago and it seems as if he's using that as an excuse for his drug use..He even told me that if I had went through what he has went through then I wouldn't be myself either but we all make choices in life and i know alot of people that didnt have the best childhood and they don't resort to doing drugs. He said that he is no longer using but I'm not so sure. I love him more than anything and it hurts to see someone that has so much potential in life throw it all away but I feel guilty turning my back on him but then again I don't want to enable him. It makes me sick to my stomach to even think about him using and the people he was doing it with....he could've possiby cheated on me. I've read into meth and what it makes you want to do sexually. I just need advice on what to do. Thank ya'll so much for listening
Old 11-28-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi welcome. I hope you will read all you can on this website. Read the stickies. Read the stories. Knowledge is power.

For me, drugs and cheating are deal breakers in a relationship. I love myself and I want more for myself. It took me a while to get to this point. I had a drug dealing crack addict boyfriend for years. He's the father of my child. He lied. He cheated. He was throwing his life away. I thought I could save him. I couldn't. He just ended up making me crazy and breaking my heart... over and over and over... This sight helped me learn how to draw boundaries based on my personal values. I discovered that my relationship with my boyfriend violated so many things that I held dear to my heart - a healthy lifestyle, respect for others, honesty, integrity, commitment, faithfulness... you name it. My relationship with my ex had none of those things. It was a sham. It was dysfunctional. It was sick. And it was making me sick as a person.

So when you ask for advice on what to do, I look at your story and I think geez, get the heck out of that relationship. He's a cheater and a meth addict. I think why oh why would anyone choose to have that kind of person in their life. But you need to decide that for yourself. You get to make your own choices.

In the end, Either you settle for a drug addicted cheating boyfriend or you don't. Leaving him isn't deserting him. It allows him to lead his own life the way he sees fit and it allows you to do the same.

You didn't cause his addiction. You can't control it. You can't cure it.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Originally Posted by hello-kitty View Post
So when you ask for advice on what to do, I look at your story and I think geez, get the heck out of that relationship. He's a cheater and a meth addict. I think why oh why would anyone choose to have that kind of person in their life. But you need to decide that for yourself. You get to make your own choices.

In the end, Either you settle for a drug addicted cheating boyfriend or you don't. Leaving him isn't deserting him. It allows him to lead his own life the way he sees fit and it allows you to do the same.

You didn't cause his addiction. You can't control it. You can't cure it.
DITTO on this!!!!

I have been with my drug addicted STBXH for over 5 years now and have watched him spiral down the rabbit hole.. there were times when I thought that he was digging himself out but it was only because I was enabling him.. as someone who has lived the last five years in hell, I too have the thought of RUN from this man, RUN as fast and far as you can.. My STBXH cheated on me too, twice that I know of, maybe more then that.. I dont blame his addiction for the infidelties thoughm I blame that on a character defect.. An addictive addict is not going to change unless he wants too and you are certainly not going to change him either...

Keep posting and keep reading
Old 11-29-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ignore his words and pay attention to his actions. More will be revealed.

Consider doubling down on birth control because parenthood does not cure addiction. If you are not using protection, you might want to get checked out for STDS. Remember, it's your choice to remain, front row center to his addiction or not.

No need to feel guilty about whatever you decide to do. His first love is the drug. Love yourself more than he loves drugs and you will be just fine.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My AH was on meth too, and I also worried about the cheating after reading about the effects as well! It still makes me feel...angry...and upset.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the great advice. I finally realized that I was devoting too much time into a relationship that gave me nothing in return. I'm so glad I found this website it gave me the confidence I needed to end that toxic relationship!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Mississippigrl View Post
I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the great advice. I finally realized that I was devoting too much time into a relationship that gave me nothing in return. I'm so glad I found this website it gave me the confidence I needed to end that toxic relationship!
Wow!! Great job at self care!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We are here to support you when you need it. Keep reading and posting.