Husband is in Detox

Old 11-20-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Husband is in Detox

My husband is in detox and is on his 13th day in there. They do not have room for him in the recovery area, so he is having to stay in detox until then. One guy has been in detox for 74 days, due to not having any room. I called around at other rehabs and they do not have any openings for 3-5 months. I found one rehab, but that is $12,000 for 90 days. I do not have that kind of money to pay. $4,500 upfront and I cannot pay that. My husband is wanting to leave because he is tired of dealing with everyone there detoxing, when he is already done. He is on suboxone now. He says he wants to stay and finish the program, but wants to leave if he cannot get into the recovery area soon. I understand what he is talking about, but I do not know what to do. He cannot have visitations until he is in recovery. Our son's 3rd birthday is Thursday and it's been 13 days since my 3 year old and 6 month old or even me has seen him. The longest we have ever been apart from each other was 10 days and that was due to work (traveling). Besides that, we have seen each other at least everyday for the last 3 years. I don't know what to do or say. Advice?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He could commit to going to meetings every day, even twice a day, until space opens up for him. Since he has already detoxed, perhaps the meetings would tide him over.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The program is only suppose to be for 30 days. Since he is already on suboxone the doctor wanted to let him leave as soon as he started it, last week. He still attends meetings everyday, all day while in detox. He always tells me about all of the stories and what he has learned and it makes me proud of him. I am just afraid of letting him come back home and everything happen again or I am the blame for letting him come home.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I agree with CO, the Salvation Army has a good recovery program...and it's free.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The problem is that every place has a long waiting period. What should he do for the next few months?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have you had a real talk with the financal person in detail [I] got my 72,000 tab knocked down to 3,000 and Ihad poor medicare coverage.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, the places that I called about do not accept any insurance, all private pay. The ones that do or that are around $5,000 or close to tht are 2-5 months of waiting.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry. I got myself admitted as a psych patient with the help of Health and Family Services. If I was at risk to myself or others they had to take me even though I did AOD. Different everywhere. Hang in, hang on.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well I guess he is going to leave tomorrow because they won't have room in recovery for a while. 14 days is a lot more than I ever thought he would do. He made this whole decision on his own of going to rehab. He said he is going to continue the suboxone but slowly come off of it. He is also going to still continue NA meetings.