Alcoholic daughter now prostituting

Old 11-20-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wlk

Alcoholic daughter now prostituting

My daughter is 21 has a one year old who I have custody of. She went through rehab and 6 months of sober living and then moved home. She is now back to drinking heavily, does not want a "regular" job, so she now is dancing and says she has started prostituting herself. I provide her a bed and some food, absolutely no money for any reason. Is it time to kick her out...I fear for her life, she says that her time on earth needs to be over...Help please...
Old 11-20-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know what to say. Except if she made a suicide threat she needs to be Baker Acted and evaluated. She doesn't have to be this unhappy.

Would you consider her statement to be a suicide threat?
Old 11-20-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Your granddaughter should not be exposed to her and her lifestyle. She is an adult, let her provide for herself, a minor child must be the priorty, she will carry her childhood into adulthood...me, I'd have your daughter move out, she is not a good influence on her daughter.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sad story, but unfortunately the hard truth is that by allowing your daughter to stay in your home, you are enabling her addiction and supporting her lifestyle choices. You too have a choice - to not allow her to live with you. I'm sure if she's a dancer, she has money coming in and if she has money, she has drug using friends that she can stay with. Addicts are very resourceful that way. Your daughter is an adult, making adult choices. Give her a chance to figure things out on her own.

I'd be more concerned about the little one being exposed to drug addiction, prostitution and a completely inadequate parent. You are all she has to protect her from that lifestyle.

Oh, if you think your daughter is serious about suicide, next time she threatens, call 9-1-1. In the meantime, take care of yourself. You can't take care of anyone else if you don't take care of yourself first.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

sometimes as painful as it is to ourselves - we must detach with love and allow our loved ones the right to be their own person ~ giving them the dignity to make their own choices ~
If not how else will they ever have the possibility to find their inner self-respect and love to seek a better path for themselves?

I believe we can't make things better for them - only thru the help of their HP can that happen - we have to step out of the way ~

sending out good thoughts & prayers for you & your loved one ~

pink hugs from a mom of addicts ~
Old 11-21-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I understand you fear for her life. I also understand she is living her life as she sees fit to do, regardless if she is living under your roof or elsewhere.

Protecting the best interests of your grandchild comes before all else.
Is custody a legal arrangement or something else?