Parents Being Separated

Old 11-18-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Parents Being Separated

OK well last year when my mom was first recovering from her prescription drug addiction and all the drama was going on , my mom and dad split up. And no one understand why , and even my grandma says I'm just being mean , but I liked it better when they were separated. Maybe I just hold it against my dad that he hasn't been the best dad ever ( not that he is awful ), but I really did like it better when they were separated. It was just nice and I got along better with my dad most of all. It was just peaceful and nice , but they have gotten back together and it's not bad not. It's not like it is bad now , but I liked them better and felt better when they were separate. Thanks for reading !
Old 11-18-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Piglet, it's always harder when the addict lives with us, the tension, the anticipation of a relapse, and watching them self-destruct from a front row seat is very upsetting. The peace when they are gone helps us find our balance again.

I hope things go better for all of you soon.

Hugs
Old 11-19-2012, 02:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It don't think it was being away from my mom that made it better. I am very close to my mom. I think it was being away from my Dad really.Not that he is a horrible Dad , but he is very loud and I just generally don't get along with him a lot of the time. When they were separate I got along with him a lot better. But then every one says I should be happy my parent are together but I'm not really even though they have been back together almost a year.