New here, just found out about my son's drug use

Old 11-20-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thank you for keeping us posted. So many healing thoughts are being sent your way...

It is a demonic possession, and keep educating yourself about the entire process, as I have learned that it takes a long time for heroin users to recover their former selves, even the young ones. I heard from some source that for every year someone uses, it takes between 2-4 to recover.

How are your other children doing? We have found an Alateen group for my 15 year old daughter. She was nervous the first night, but returned for months and found it very soothing to be around other kids who had experienced rough times with their parents or siblings. Just a suggestion. Some groups have kids as young as 9 who attend.

Take care, Northeast1. We are here for you!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Praises to God!!!! I'm believing this story is going to have a happy ending! You were prepared! You stuck to your guns! All while he is still young! I can't wait to hear how he is doing after several months in rehab. Keep us posted. We all care.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

i am so glad he has come home. i am glad he is in detox. please take this time to relax. he is in a good place. it is up to him. i know it has been hard for you. he is your baby & always will be. keep working your program & getting stronger. prayers for your son..there is always hope & i will not give up on my son or my g-son..never.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kmangel View Post
I think we've all seen the demonic possession drug addiction brings to our loved ones. I said the same to my RAS.
Before my son left to return to the place where his addiction first began he told me "Mom, you know how you believe God guides you? I really believe God wants me to move back." I had told him I was concerned about this decision as one reason his father and I had moved out of state with him was to remove him from the area where he was abusing drugs. He moved back and became a heroin addict.

God's will for him to move back? What he encountered was pure and simple evil. He brought this evil on himself. My husband and I and our elder son had no problems with drug abuse while living there. We could all move back and be safe from drug abuse. It was our son's choice to embrace drug addiction.

Our son is back to living near us again and doing well. I don't think he can ever safely live where he became addicted to heroin. The hold on him (demonic) is very strong there.