avoidance

Old 11-15-2012, 02:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

avoidance

I know... been there done that :l here goes.... well the phone was off, or dead, until about an hour ago, it was either plugged in or turned on. he was supposed to call. either way I feel ignored and Im usually only ignored when he was using. :,( possible he just is tired and plugged in for an alarm in the morning and figured he'd call tomorrow. things are going well. Im just having a codie moment and need to express it. The question is, answer his call in the morning? Or ignore it?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My thoughts are to answer. Don't play games, even if he does. I know how you feel and I learned not to place my own well-being in the path of whether my son called or not.

If he wants to talk he will, if he doesn't he won't. That's about him. The rest is about taking good care of you.

Hugs from someone who has had many codie moments
Old 11-15-2012, 04:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Sounds like you are obsessing. What is the big deal if you don't talk to him for one night? If he calls this morning answer, if he doesn't, go about your day...I gurantee you, the world won't come to an end.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Of corset its blessings I know. That's exactly what is wrong with me. Im trying to learn how to change my way of thinking. Its hard sometimes when Im at work because I don't have any distraction. I work a graveyard and am there all alone and by that time I have all of my work done, and no one to talk to but god. my worst anxiety always hits then. but Im getting stronger every day
Old 11-15-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Originally Posted by Lily1918 View Post
no one to talk to but god.
sounds like a great person to visit with ~

also maybe a good time to read some recovery literature instead of allow a codie mind to think about all the "what if's" that can come up in our minds. . .

For me ~ I love "How Al-Anon works" and "Courage to Change"

Just my e, s, & h ~

Pink hugs!