how to help her?

Old 11-14-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

how to help her?

hello everyone. im posting this cuz i need help with my g/f, shes a drug addict and she got raped last night, i took her to hospital and she refused 2 report it. now my main concern is how do i help her get through that? shes cried all day and shes still shaking, doesnt wanna sleep cuz she sees the guy doing this to her again. she's going to treatment soon and i'd like to know if any of you guys know how i can help her stay clean with what happened.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is a hard one and unfortunately I dont think I can be of much help as I have been in her shoes and am still dealing with the trauma it caused. I empathize and wish you and her the best of luck! I wish I could be of more help. She needs support and help for this for sure I think. Good for you for being so supportive...
Old 11-15-2012, 04:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Drummer, maybe she can go to a rape crisis center and get some support there. She may not want to talk about this with you, but perhaps counselors and others trained in rape trauma can help some.

About the only thing you can do is to be supportive as long as she is taking positive action to end her addiction. I hope she makes it to rehab and finds a better path. Sadly, it can be a long road, and if she doesn't turn around soon, you may want to give thought to how long you want to travel this road of addiction with her.

I'm glad you joined us and hope you find some good information and support here.

Hugs
Old 11-15-2012, 11:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i'm sorry it happened to you windancer
Old 11-15-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

shes sober, shes trying hard to stay sober. i don't have to think about how long i wanna live this with her for now cuz shes doing all the efforts she has to do. i just wanna make sure she wont use cuz of what happened