victim of hen house gossip

Old 11-14-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry victim of hen house gossip

Of course. All the grannies at church are just clucking away with the latest gossip of me n my BF. we both work on Sundays lately, so of course our lives are falling apart because we haven't been there to lead the music. Then start the "checking in" phone calls to ask me how he is doing in his recovery. They say he doesn't answer the phone. No wonder. who wants to be henpecked. Maybe its karma??? Ha ha ha! They found out we camp out in each others living rooms once or twice a week and all of a sudden we're "gonna run off and elope or move in together." and they're "concerned" about me getting mixed up with the man who was once the golden boy of the church, the pastors grandson, turned heroin addict. I tell them there's No Way. Im not gonna just run off and get married. its not how this generation works. So, bring on that scarlet letter, and why don't they ask how I am doing? Instead of using me to get info on RABF ugh. thanks for reading.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh that would upset me a bit too. Try to remember people tend to forget very quickly what is going on, and then they move to the next bit of gossip. Try not to worry what others think (although I admit I have a very hard time doing so myself sometimes).
Old 11-14-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Take what you want. Leave the rest. I'd try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Take the high road so to speak. Hopefully they just have you and your boyfriends best interests at heart and you can forgive them for being henpecking grannies. That's what grannies are for, afterall....

Or maybe it's time to explore another church - one that has a "celebrate recovery" meeting where you can both work on your recovery and living one day at a time.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

dont put too much energy into it. you could take it as a compliment that your lives are much more interesting than anyone elses at the moment...lol or that they are truly concerned for you and both your well beings.

and if they are just being busy bodies, then nothing you do or say will stop them. it could actually make it even more juicier to talk about. id just thank them for their concern and that you will pass on their well wishes to your bf. and leave it as that. its respectful, but not giving them anything more to talk about. and as already pointed out, will die a natural death.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I really really really dislike gossip. But I think gossip speaks more badly about the person gossiping than it does the subject of the gossip itself.

I love the saying "What others think of me is none of my business". If I am the best person I know how to be, that's good enough for me.

Live your life based on what your heart tells you is right, and poo on anyone who thinks it's their business.

Hugs

Last edited by Ann; 11-14-2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-14-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I second that Ann! This is no ones business but yours and your bf's.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The top tier talks about ideas,
middle tier talks about things,
lowest tier talks about other people.

'twas always thus,since forever!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Im so glad to have your support