Going to see the lawyer in an hour and a half

Old 11-14-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Unhappy Going to see the lawyer in an hour and a half

Today is the day.. I have an appointment with my lawyer at 2:30 this afternoon for a divorce consultation.. I printed out a divorce petition, a marriage settlement agreement and a waiver so that AH wont be served and he signed everything.. Everything is uncontested as we dont have anything in our names together and yes I put my dog in the settlement agreement lol, he cant take care of himself much less a dog.. I'm hoping that instead of a consultation that I'm just going to be able to file today and start the beginning journey of my new life.. my next hurdle will be getting him out of my house as he has nowhere to go.. I'm trying to be as fair and reasonable as I can in giving him time to find other lodgings but i'm sure my patience will run thin very quickly.. this is why i'm hiring a lawyer and not filing with the courts directly..

I'm scared, I'm sad, I feel a little guilt and I also feel a little bit of freedom as well.. Hopefully all of this will be over with by the beginning of the year and I can use 2013 to work on becoming a healthy me..
Old 11-14-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((jerect))))
Old 11-14-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

5 minutes from now (my time).
Our hopes and prayers are with you,jerect.
Glad doggie going with you!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm sorry Jerect. Divorce is never easy.
Hang in there
(((Hugs)))
Old 11-14-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How'd it go, Jerecet?

Hopefully he'll sign everything. I'm so glad you're keeping your dog!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Things went really well.. I had already printed up the paperwork before my appointment and AH signed everything.. We have no kids, no assets, heck we don't even share the same last name.. So it's all uncontested.. My divorce will be final on Dec 20th.. Sad that it has to be right at Christmas but I'm happy that I can start the new year off on the right foot.. My biggest hurdle will be getting him out of my house.. For those on you who pray.. Pray that happens soon and with no fuss...

Thanks again you guys for all of your strength and hope.. I plan on sticking around this board for a good long time even after everything is finalized..
Old 11-14-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((jerect)) - I'm glad that it went as smoothly as possible, and that you are going to stick around

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-14-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Thanks for the update!

Please do stick around, supporting others is so very important.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Just think, someday soon, you will be able keep your tp where it belongs. No more trunk for you!

You sound strong and I am very happy for you. Make 2013 all about you!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jerect View Post
Today is the day.. I have an appointment with my lawyer at 2:30 this afternoon for a divorce consultation.. I printed out a divorce petition, a marriage settlement agreement and a waiver so that AH wont be served and he signed everything.. Everything is uncontested as we dont have anything in our names together and yes I put my dog in the settlement agreement lol, he cant take care of himself much less a dog.. I'm hoping that instead of a consultation that I'm just going to be able to file today and start the beginning journey of my new life.. my next hurdle will be getting him out of my house as he has nowhere to go.. I'm trying to be as fair and reasonable as I can in giving him time to find other lodgings but i'm sure my patience will run thin very quickly.. this is why i'm hiring a lawyer and not filing with the courts directly..

I'm scared, I'm sad, I feel a little guilt and I also feel a little bit of freedom as well.. Hopefully all of this will be over with by the beginning of the year and I can use 2013 to work on becoming a healthy me..
So very sorry it's come to this but i wish you happiness in the next chapter of your life.
Good luck.
Evey x
Old 11-14-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Working through this now, Jerect, will let you put it to rest. Most times when a relationship is over it's like closing the door on a room that is already empty.

All this will lead to wonderful new beginnings...just ahead in the road, waiting for you, and they will appear only when you are ready.

Hugs for you, brave lady.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Im sorry to hear this. It must be very difficult. But it could very well be the best thing you have ever done for yourself. Stay strong
Old 11-14-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Jerect - You and your doggie are in my prayers. I know this is not easy but you will begin to have a sense of peace and relief. My uncontested default divorce was finalized last month. He never showed up thank God. As I was sitting there, I was extremly anxious and was texting my brother. When the Sheriff came out to ask how many people are waiting for someone in holding for being arrested, almost the entire room of about 30 people stoodup. I text my brother to tell him how anxious I was and I'm sitting there in a room with a bunch of people that are their waiting for their loved ones to get out of jail. He replied, just think, if you weren't getting a divorce, you would be there too. I realized then, that he was right and it was my 1st step to be free of the chains of his addiction.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes....you and your doggie are in my prayers too. It sounds like you are doing all that you need to do. The timing is never good but it does let you start the new year fresh.

Awhile ago C.O. responded to a post I wrote about the guilt that I felt about my ex husband...she said make a list of the things that I felt guilty about and then look again at who caused them in the first place. My guilt evaporated pretty quickly with that one! Yea for C.O.!!!!!

I left my husband over 18 months ago and have still stuck around so I hope that you will too. I never want to forget the importance of working my own program and taking care of me. Everytime I stopped "recovery work" due to the addict no longer being in my life I found another one. Sort of like an addict that doesn't work a program...sooner or later they are likely to relapse. So....sooner or later I'm likely to get involved with another addict if I don't stay strong in my recovery. My picker might be broken but with the help of recovery it will be a lot more likely to head me in the right direction if there is "another time".

Hang in there girl! You're doing the right thing....
Old 11-14-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNot View Post
Just think, someday soon, you will be able keep your tp where it belongs. No more trunk for you!
LOL!!!! And my laundry detergent and my money and my tylenol... What a crazy crazy existence I've been living these last 5 years
Old 11-14-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by supportforme View Post
Jerect - You and your doggie are in my prayers. I know this is not easy but you will begin to have a sense of peace and relief. My uncontested default divorce was finalized last month. He never showed up thank God. As I was sitting there, I was extremly anxious and was texting my brother. When the Sheriff came out to ask how many people are waiting for someone in holding for being arrested, almost the entire room of about 30 people stoodup. I text my brother to tell him how anxious I was and I'm sitting there in a room with a bunch of people that are their waiting for their loved ones to get out of jail. He replied, just think, if you weren't getting a divorce, you would be there too. I realized then, that he was right and it was my 1st step to be free of the chains of his addiction.
This is so true !!!! I'm very thankful that I'm not going to have to show up for court.. My lawyer is going to take care of that for me...

I know that if my STBXAH stays on this path he is going to end up in jail.. Sad but it's is life and because of his choices he's lost his home and his wife and the fur children that he loves... Maybe this is his bottom I don't know.. I just know that I hit mine and I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired...
Old 11-14-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lightseeker View Post
Yes....you and your doggie are in my prayers too. It sounds like you are doing all that you need to do. The timing is never good but it does let you start the new year fresh.

Awhile ago C.O. responded to a post I wrote about the guilt that I felt about my ex husband...she said make a list of the things that I felt guilty about and then look again at who caused them in the first place. My guilt evaporated pretty quickly with that one! Yea for C.O.!!!!!

I left my husband over 18 months ago and have still stuck around so I hope that you will too. I never want to forget the importance of working my own program and taking care of me. Everytime I stopped "recovery work" due to the addict no longer being in my life I found another one. Sort of like an addict that doesn't work a program...sooner or later they are likely to relapse. So....sooner or later I'm likely to get involved with another addict if I don't stay strong in my recovery. My picker might be broken but with the help of recovery it will be a lot more likely to head me in the right direction if there is "another time".

Hang in there girl! You're doing the right thing....
Thank you lightseeker... 2013 is going to be my year of growth and self healing.. I just want to be me, no dating, no relationships just the one I have with myself.. I need to get myself healthy so that I don't end up with another addict.. I'm going to fill my life with the things I love and spending time with my family...
Old 11-14-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Originally Posted by jerect View Post
Thank you lightseeker... 2013 is going to be my year of growth and self healing.. I just want to be me, no dating, no relationships just the one I have with myself.. I need to get myself healthy so that I don't end up with another addict.. I'm going to fill my life with the things I love and spending time with my family...
Jerect, I felt the same way when I finally was able to divorce my daughter's father. I spent a full year battling him and putting up with his narcissistic nonsense. When it was over, I just wanted to have a no-drama life. That was 23 years ago and I still have no desire to get into a relationship. I found out I like myself much better when I am not otherwise engaged, if you know what I mean.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Big Hugs hunny. Keep your chin up! You're doing so well. Keep looking on the brightside! Stay positive! You're doing brilliant! Give the dog a big Hugs too!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

DEC 20,huh?

(PERFECT timing!)

December solstice 2012: 21 Dec 11:12 (UTC)

...this means the longest night is over---and things are going to
get brighter and brighter ( not cheerleading....verifiable science!)

...20 DEC (of last year) is when I went N/C.Huge difference.
Congratulations for getting off the addiction roller coaster.

..and NO,it wasn't a spouse for me---but ANY contact with this
horriffic affliction is TERRIBLY disquieting!

(you DOGGIE will be happier....pets HATE tension!)