How to stay NO CONTACT!

Old 11-07-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How to stay NO CONTACT!

I recently broke up with my AEXBF. I have cut all ties to him, and hope to stick to a NO CONTACT plan. I don't worry about me contacting him, but I am concerned that I may fold if/when he tries to contact me again. I know others have been successful at No Contact. How do you get through moments of weakness without having a setback? Intellectually, I know the sad realities of my situation, and I know if I keep talking to him, it will just continue. However, sometimes regardless of what I know intellectually, my heart longs to respond to him. I would appreciate help/suggestions.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Block his number from every source of contact. The rest is all about your minset.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi....I know how hard it is to do and you are taking the first step by anticipating that you might struggle with this. Here are a few suggestions:

make an agreement with a friend that you will not respond to him without first going through your friend

increase your own meetings and work with a sponsor

promised yourself not to respond to him before you have spoken to 5 people about it

come to this site and post that you are wanting to respond (if he contacts yous)

make a promise to yourself that you will do these things - and keep it! Tell you what ....I'll make those same promises. Feel free to contact me anytime if you feel the need to reconnect with him!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's ridiculous, I have been to hell and back with my EXABF. Why doesn't all the pain stop me from even entertaining the idea? Reading all the posts in this forum has made me see that I don't want to continue down this never ending path. I don't have it in me to do it anymore, but there are times when none of that matters. I want to reclaim my life, it took a lot of pain for me to get to this point, and I don't want to fold!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by MLH2282 View Post
It's ridiculous, I have been to hell and back with my EXABF. Why doesn't all the pain stop me from even entertaining the idea? Reading all the posts in this forum has made me see that I don't want to continue down this never ending path. I don't have it in me to do it anymore, but there are times when none of that matters. I want to reclaim my life, it took a lot of pain for me to get to this point, and I don't want to fold!
Describes addiction to a T. The similarities are dumbfounding!!

Many of us need to work the program that we wish they would. I have been slacking lately and boy I can feel the difference.

Good luck, you can do this!!
Old 11-07-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

MLH this is hard so you'll need as much support as possible. Try not to go places you know he will be, don't listen to thoughts of checking any sites he may have online like facebook etc. change your numbers, E-mails etc. you may get thought like of how things used to be n maybe you could check how he is, that sort of thing - that's when a support network comes in. A friend who you could contact.
Maybe you can list the negatives down, the reasons for the 'no contact,' n read them when you get these thoughts---ir have a friend read them.
Take care.
Evey xxx