Should it be an issue?

Old 11-01-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Should it be an issue?

Hey folks,

Hope everyone is doing well and hopefully looking toward a great holiday season.

I am looking for advice on an issue of what is "ok" and "not ok" behavior. I know those terms are subjective and ultimately depend on me setting a line in the sand that defines those two options, but here goes.....

AS has been dealing with pill addiction over the past few years. She recently has done well as far as avoiding, but recently visited a doctor with an issue that resulted in an Rx being given out for pain meds.

My problem with drawing a line in the sand is I don't know if it's really needed or not. It would be hard for her to justify alcohol or more common "street drugs" for pain, but an Rx always has me err on the side of caution that it's needed.

Any ideas or stories for this type of situation that might help me make the best decision?

I don't want to enable, but I don't want to overreact either.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2012, 10:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If your talking about an adult it is their decision to make not yours with that said I am assuming this person is either an addict or a RA if so they could ask for non narcotic meds for the pain.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's a good point and one I should have already thought of. Thank you.