So sick of it!

Old 10-29-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So sick of it!

Do you ever say "I'm so sick of dealing with this addict!"

UGH! I have got to learn how to just ignore. Ignore ignore!

Last Monday my addict cancelled visition with his son...last minute. We are talking I was in the car and texted the jerk we were OTW and he texted back "cancel I'm sorry" 2 minutes later he texted "I'm stuck" then 2 minutes later to make himself feel better he texted "can we reschedule for tomoroww" I ignored and was very happy I didn't have to see him.

Yesterday, I sent him my usual email stating "this is documentation you missed the meeting" and he emails me back telling me "this is documentation you were 25 min. Late visition" to which I replied "yes, but we stayed 25 minutes later" then, he tried to reschedule a visit today for tom.and I told him "sorry, we have plans AND as stated many times before, you must reschedule with a weeks notice" it is like he is so angry and grasping at straws. I won't respond to anymore emails. Just had to set those 2 things straight. Oh, and I also let him know that he is just about 2 months behind on child support.
DOES HE REALLY HAVE TO TRY ME?
Apologize. Get help. Be nice. Stop hurting my son. Pay your bills. GROW THE BLEEP UP!

I have to change schools next year for my son because his sorry ass and can't be responsible!

I AM SO SICK OF IT!
I wish he would leave me alone. Why does he continue to pretend that he has aleg to stand on? Man up!

I am raising my son all by myself. ALL BYMYSELF! He can kiss it where the sun don't shine!

And no, I'm not doing court ordred supervised visits. My son has gone thru enough!

I will not allow his anger to control me anymore. That is my new mantra.

Thanks for letting me vent!
Old 10-29-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((((hugs)))))) to you. hang in there.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Been there done that, vent all you like darling, we understand & are here for you. I know how frustrating it is when you're trying to do the right thing by your child but the other parent isn't.
Bigs hugs to you.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes! This is so frustrating. STBXAH has two nights a week for phone calls, but lately forgets to call once a week. Then the next day in comes the text claiming he had bad cell service or a night time meeting or some other ridiculously unlikely excuse. Then he says, well he will call that night, only to not call again.

I have three children with him. He has seen them twice in seven weeks! Twice! He could care less. I get endless stories about how they are his number one priority, but his actions prove otherwise.

I know the frustration, hang in there!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Old 10-29-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

ugh, your ex even makes me mad. (see, having codependent friends do have some advantages. )

Your son is very lucky to have one healthy parent who puts his needs above all. That alone, is a blessing and something to be very proud of.

God has a plan for you and someday I know I will read about how happy and fulfilled your life has become again and all this will be a distant memory.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know your frustration!!! Hang in there! I really wish my STBXAH would just disappear for about a year, and really deal with his own garbage. After jerking me and the kids around for two weeks unnecessarily, he managed to make it out here this past weekend and rented a car. Im so sick of his entitled attitude when I am doing ALL the parenting of three kids. I think you are doing the best you can in a ridiculous situation with someone who was supposed to be the other adult in your childs life.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes, the anger and entitlement really confuse me. I feel anxious today. I question how he will respond to my emails. What now? I don't want a power struggle. I am just speaking the truth to him. I am trying to think of other things, but I am anxious. I have purposivly left me phone in the car, uncharged so I can't check my email. I have also made a promise to myself to not even read his email, and just delete it. I just don't care anymore. Well, I do. I am just sick of it. I am sick of being stressed about money. I am sick about being stressed out about my sons education. I feel like I am not good enough for my son and need to devote more attention. I am tired and exhausted and feel like I am always either rushing to work or rushing to my son. I am always rushing. I am always being pulled in every direction. I am trying to raise a wonderful human being. All of this bymyself with absolutely NO HELP from this man child. This man child who puts no effort into his son, but feels like he is father of the year. This man child who blames me for everything, when in fact, I have tried to do nothing but keep my family together. I am lonely and I have lost a lot. And I have to deal with this loser who can't even pay the bare min. of child support? Who can't even make consistent visits? Who disappears for 2.5 months and pretends he didn't. He thinks I should just turn my head and give him what he wants, but no, I was honest with him and told him the truth. He is now pissed. Pissed at himself and taking it out on me anyway he can. Grasping at anything he can because he feels like he has lost control. Well, he has. I am not power hungry. I am not fighting with him for power. I am doing what is right for my son, btu he is unable to see the truth. And when the truth is told, he gets angry. So very angry. And I have to deal with him for the next 14 years, or until he dies or goes to jail. He is worthless to us right now. I would have more respect for him if he realized he offers us nothing but pain and just left us be. If he can't get sober, go away. He won't even admitt he has a problem. He has lost everything. He has nothing. And he STILL can't admit he has a problem! It is all about pride and his ego. He keeps digging further and further in the ground screaming "I'm fine. Watch this. I will show you" He is so far gone. SO mentally incapable. He has no clue what it is like to be a parent, yet a man. He is just pretending. And one day it will catch up with him. One day he will sink even further than where he is now. It can't last where he is now. Now, he being enabled by a controlling older alcholic coke *****. I guess when you have money, it can last longer than you think.

Anyways, I will snap out of it. Just riding the waves of addiction. Sometimes up and sometimes down. The hardest part is following my mantra:
I WILL NOT ALLOW HIS CRAZINESS TO AFFECT MY EMOTIONS ANY LONGER.
This is really hard as I am a very sensitive and intuitive person.
But, I have to focus on the good. Focus on the good. Focus on the good.
And, amongst this madness, there is A LOT of good!
He isn't worth it.
I can't wait until he isn't even a thought. Or if he is, he is just a quick thought that goes away with no emotion.

He is a jerk.

Thanks for your support!!!!
I will get thru this mess!
THINK OF ALL THE GOOD!!!!