one day at a time

Old 10-24-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face one day at a time

well, my i wrote on saturday about my husband who is addicted to crack cocaine. And wow has this site helped. my husband is still staying at his parents house, but is really making great strides in starting his recovery. He has talked with me every night about everything from his triggers, to meetings, to his feelings about himself. He has even sat down with our family members, his best friends and others to share what he is going through. He started back at NA meetings monday night. it was wonderful to hear in his voice how relieved he felt to share his story and to just have my husband be open and truly honest about his addiction is such a breath of fresh air. we both have a very long road ahead of us, but i have to keep thinking one day at a time. i will say the hardest part of him staying away is not having the person who ive seen daily for 8 years be there and our babies miss daddy. i know deep down this is the best thing for both of us. We both need time to heal and start the recovery process. He attended NA again tonight and i am starting my first Naranon meeting tomorrow. I feel like every day i am becoming a stronger woman than the last. I have also realized that no matter how i am feeling, or how much i really am disgusted with the choices my husband has made, that i need to support him in his search for sobriety. no matter what.... Thanks again to everyones stories and inspiration on this site!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

With both of you in recovery, your odds improve. Regardless of how this all unfolds, your recovery program will help you find your balance and teach you a lot about facing life on life's terms.

Good luck to both of you.

Hugs