Opening Ourselves to Love

Old 10-24-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012
You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Open ourselves to the love that is available to us.

We do not have to limit our sources of love. God and the Universe have an unlimited supply of what we need, including love.

When we are open to receiving love, we will begin to receive it. It may come from the most surprising places, including from within us.

We will be open to and aware of the love that is and has been there for us all along. We will feel and appreciate the love from friends. We will notice and enjoy the love that comes to us from family.

We will be ready to receive love in our special love relationships too. We do not have to accept love from unsafe people - people who will exploit us or with whom we don't want to have relationships.

But there is plenty of good love available - love that heals our heart, meets our needs, and makes our spirit sing.

We have denied ourselves too long. We have been martyrs too long. We have given so much and allowed ourselves to receive too little. We have paid our dues. It is time to continue the chain of giving and receiving by allowing ourselves to receive.

Today, I will open myself to the love that is coming to me from the Universe. I will accept it and enjoy it when it comes.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Read this this morning and it was a great reminder to me. It's important to look for love in all the places that we might find it.

Thanks for posting this!
Old 10-24-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We do not have to accept love from unsafe people - people who will exploit us or with whom we don't want to have relationships.
It's okay not to love unsafe people. The trick sometimes is knowing the difference between those who love us in a healthy way and those who use us to further their own purpose.

Thanks for sharing this, I needed the reminder.

Hugs
Old 10-24-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love this! I read Codependent No More last night, and she talked about making goals. One of these goals could be to feel love--not necessarily romantic, but love from others and love for ourselves. Then I read Language of Letting Go, and it all went together. Later, I heard from and old friend of my AM who I hadn't seen in years. She was often there for me when I was a kid and my mom was messed up. I realized there were always people around me when I was growing up that did things for me because they wanted to--not because they were related to me or anything. I am thankful for those nice people who noticed me--since my parents are both alcoholics/drug addicts/dual diagnosis.