Update

Old 10-19-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

For those who are following, my AS is still in the hospital. He was told today that expected release date is Nov. 5 There has been an issue with his kidneys resulting from so much antibiotics, so there is new treatment for that.

He has gained quite a bit of weight in the 4 weeks he has been there. The food is really good! I'm so glad he is there, and when I hear him converse with the nurses, he seems to enjoy the relationships.

He is on a lot of pain medication, which will always be an issue. The doctor today said if the medication clears up the infection in the heart, he may not need the aortoc valve replacement. That was good news to him, and his spirits are better.

This currect stay will postpone the newest court case. Wish it would go away, but it won't. But for one more day, I am comforted by the fact he is at least in a good place. I'm grateful for the blessing.

Praying for peace, healing, and and days filled with joy for all of my dear SR friends and our loved ones.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

..and we pray with you,Washbe2,and
wish you the best outcome possible
for your son.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Prayers continue for you and your son.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-20-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update, sweetie. How are YOU?
Old 10-20-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am glad to see you are getting some peace with your son. My prayers are with you both!
Old 10-20-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Praying too.

Isn't it wonderful to see them gain weight and a healthy glow to their skin? As mommas, this is beautiful to behold. But at the same time it is bittersweet, because to us the answer seems so simple, i.e., nourish & care for the physical body and the soul will thrive. We did this when we carried them in our bodies and after they were born as they grew. When I look back at the pictures my heart breaks all over again!

As adults, making their own choices, the fleeting pleasure of the high is pursued to the exclusion of all else. Their physical bodies are neglected, and their souls wither.

The answer seems so simple, yet so profoundly out of reach for our dear addicted loved ones. And I think it is this that drives the co-dependency. WE KNOW WHAT THE ANSWER IS. And yet we can't make them see it.

But prayer changes things! Thinking of you and your son today and praying for deliverance for your son and mine. 70X7
Old 10-20-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Washbe, sometimes God's gifts come strangely wrapped, I am praying that this is the beginning of a miracle for your son.

Whether it is or not, I hope you are finally catching your breath and getting to relax.

Hugs
Old 10-20-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

washbe2: Thanks for sharing. Prayers for peace and healing, etc., for you and yours, also.

I hope they rid him of the infection and he continues to progress; so sorry for his pain and serious illness, though, it sounds like he's in good hands.

Hope you are taking care of you, too!
Old 10-20-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you for the update washb2. I hope things continue to progress nicely and that you are able to find peace.
(((Hugs)))
Old 10-20-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good news Washbe! I will continue to pray for you and your sons continued progress.
Hugs
Teresa
Old 10-20-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update things sound better sending prayers nightly.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My thoughts are with you and your son! I really hope that you are finding some calm and peace in these days when you know he is being cared for! Let loose a little and relax....you deserve it!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you all for you sweet words of wisdom and kindness.

TJP, I am fine - except for needing to exercise! I'm sure a lot of this has to do with my son being better which shouts codependency.

But I see signs of his acceptance and compliance. Maybe this health scare has put the fear into him. All of those threats of ending his life, and when it is a possiblity it will end, I don't believe he wants it to. I'm feeling better about his faith, too. Like mine, far from perfect, but believing he is doing better spiritually as well as physically, makes almost anything acceptable.

The weather is beautiful now - just like all of your words. Seventy, what you write is lovely. I feel the warmth of friendship from all of you and hope you can feel that I care about each of you, because I do. Praying for all of us continually.