Daughter detoxing from heroin

Old 10-22-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thank you again, dollydo. I have been to meetings and do read the blog. I ordered Codependent No More just this morning. I decided not to chase her down with texts and voicemails. I hope she is safe, of course, and it is painful not to know, but I guess I have done all I can.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Letting go is very difficult. Many of us understand. Maybe if you try to keep the image of daughter in God's loving hands, you will feel more at peace.

I think I kept getting in the way of God's work. I finally surrendered and have lost almost all of my anxiety.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

"Thank you again, dollydo. I have been to meetings and do read the blog. I ordered Codependent No More just this morning. I decided not to chase her down with texts and voicemails. I hope she is safe, of course, and it is painful not to know, but I guess I have done all I can. "

Yes, you have done all that you can. I am so glad that you are starting to take of yourself.

We care and are here for you...keep sharing.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JMFburns View Post
She is 32 yr. old and has been through rehab 5 times. I think she is old enough to take care of herself and experienced enough to know how to do it. I wouldn't take any action at this time if I were you.

I hope she does start fresh with this move.

My son is 32 yr. old (in a couple days) as well. When I read a post like yours I think "my goodness, that person is old enough to take care of themselves!" yet I must remind myself of the EXACT SAME THING when dealing w/my son. He hasn't matured with his physical age - seems more like 20ish (about the time he started using pot & eventually turned to pills).
JMF you hit the nail right on the head with my son too! He is almost 26 and behaves like he is 14...right around the time he started smoking pot!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Thank you, LMN. It really is a matter of surrendering to God's will. He knows best and I just need to stop getting in the way. I know I will be fine. My heart will heal. I hope someday my daughter will be able to do the right thing, but I don't need to put my life on hold waiting for her. I have found so much information and support in these pages. I am very grateful!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Prehapslove - I have no advice or suggestions just wanted to say I completely understand how you feel when it is your child. My 21yo alcoholic son is in AA but it is so difficult to let go and let God.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:37 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Another mom checking in late here. My son has been missing 8 years, lost in his addiction somewhere, so I truly know your pain.

I will keep your daughter in my prayers and hope that she finds a better path soon. I will keep you in my prayers also, because it really hurts being a mom sometimes.

Hugs from my heart to yours.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by puddinface View Post
JMF you hit the nail right on the head with my son too! He is almost 26 and behaves like he is 14...right around the time he started smoking pot!
My son too. He is 35 but mentally He behaves like he is 17, also around the time all this started. He is emotionally stunted as a teenager.