He is moving out!

Old 10-03-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

LMN
It sounds like you are really working your own program! Keep taking care of you and take it one day at a time.

You and your husband are in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 10-03-2012, 05:07 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Dear LoveMeNot, you sound like you are holding up like a champ under the circumstances: understanding the manipulations, the threats, the usual game plays of the addict.

My heart and my prayers are with you.

with compassion,

Peaceandgrace
Old 10-03-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Yes, I took ALL the money and I know he has another sizable check coming! I keep very minimal in my checking account - just enough to pay bills. The rest is hidden and NOT in this house. I am out of checks and never reordered any. My good jewelry is well hidden, not that I think he would take it but I am not taking any chances. My son already got some of it.

He finally slept a little last night and still seems humble this morning. He is not completely at fault for our argument on Saturday but he took things too far this time because he was angry.

Having plan B, filing bankruptcy, having a hidden stash and working on me - kept me from getting on the roller coaster. I kept my sense of humor, my boundaries, didn't take the bait and never let him see any fear. I laughed with friends, went out to lunch on Monday and refused to talk or think about him while I was out! No matter what, I will be fine!!

Thank you SR "friends" for your support and allowing me to keep things in perspective.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:56 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

None of us ever doubted you,LMN.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

You certainly are strong, wise, and an inspiration. Hang in there and stay strong!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

good for you lmn. i think what is key is that when he said he was going to go...you were going to LET HIM GO. good for you. that is strength.

and now that things have calmed down a bit....he came back and realized what a fool he was being...good for you. it is all on him..not you.

way to go!