JJ's path

Old 09-26-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

JJ's path

Dear SR family, I thank God above that my son is facing the consequences of his Heroin addiction. He pled guilty to the burglary (our home) yesterday because he does NOT want our family to have to testify in court regarding this. He will face a strike and some prison time(most likely 2 year sentence). I have seen him twice now and he is prepared to do his time, get a job in jail and then go to rehab when he gets out. His PD is trying to get him in county jail with in patient rehab and when he goes for his sentencing on 11/14, the judge may allow that to occur so that the strike can be removed upon completion of his sentence, restitution and rehab.

This post is dedicated to every family member who faces their loved ones theft, lies, deceit and empty promises. Our family has suffered for almost three years, trying to "help" JJ. Now he is realizing the utter mess his life is, and I firmly believe THIS MUST HAPPEN for him to ever have a chance for sobriety. I stepped completely out of the path so that the consequences can be faced.
More importantly, it is his decision to face this and HIS decision to get help.
He is getting medicine for the Hep C and they are helping to control his MRSA.

I email him every day and remind him of God's grace and love. He realizes that he should not even be alive given what he was doing to himself and his body. I have peace knowing that my son is still on this earth, and he can get help and resources available to him through the Jail/Prison system.

Thank you to the posse for your undying love and support during some of the darkest days I have ever lived. You all prayed with me and walked with me while my son was missing and your faith that he would be okay was a lifeline to my sanity.
I know we will have further hurdles, but I remind myself how fortunate I am that my son breathes and still has a chance for happiness and I hope he chooses sobriety and can achieve his dreams after he walks through this fire.
Love
TT
Old 09-26-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Geat job!! Now that is genuine love!! I will continue to pray that JJ will ask God and lean on HIM to show him the light to the path of recovery!!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the update! I have read all of your posts and like many of the others here, I feel like I know JJ. I have prayed for both of you many times, and will continue to! Thank you for always being so honest and for sharing your pain. It is so helpful to know we are not walking this alone. Hugs to you!!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Miracles do happen.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Teresa
You and JJ are still in my prayers. I hope and pray that someday......my son will face his demons and move in a positive direction.
gentle hugs and much love
ke
Old 09-26-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are a very sweet mom. Focus on you now. No one can predict how much time JJ will actually serve (it's usually MUCH less than the sentence) or what will happen two years from now. It's not productive to even try.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the "present".

Hang in there!
Old 09-26-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What a beautiful post. My prayers that JJ will be successful in his journey.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am so happy that JJ is on a good path...even if it leads to jail or prison. I often say that blessings often come as strangely wrapped gifts, and this is an example of how we never know how the next blessing will appear.

He's in God's hands now, and it looks like he is being led.

Hugs from one mama's heart to another's
Old 09-26-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ilovemysonjj View Post
I know we will have further hurdles, but I remind myself how fortunate I am that my son breathes and still has a chance for happiness and I hope he chooses sobriety and can achieve his dreams after he walks through this fire.LoveTT
May the Lord continue to bless you ilovemysonjj - your last sentence above brought me to tears. 70X7
Old 09-26-2012, 05:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You brought tears to my eyes today, too. You are a beacon for many of us who get a little lost now and then. Take good care. And thanks for such good news.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Teresa, you and jj are in my prayers.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((Teresa))) - Am very glad to hear the update and that ((JJ)) is sounding so much better, mentally, and physically.

You both remain in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-26-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

((((Teresa))))) I pray that angels will keep him close...and you closer. It's been a rough road for all of you. I hope you are resting well. We love you!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

A friend of mine told me sometimes it is a 2 step plan...I guess she was right ...thanks for your post it helps me as I am trying to let the consequences of my AS actions catch up to him by letting him go ...tonight was a good night to read your post it will help me stay strong..

Thanks
Old 09-26-2012, 09:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So thankful for the progress and your post ! I can hear the relief in your voice.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Dear Teresa,

I'm sure you know the Mama Posse is cheering! Such good news. My heart is so full tonight. Your joyful relief just fills it to bursting.

Prayers continue for you and JJ and all who love and care for you.

Ellen