Saw JJ for the first time in 4 months

Old 09-16-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Saw JJ for the first time in 4 months

He looked good. He got out on 9-5 and then got picked up for the new warrant on 9-12. He is going to apply to be a trustee while in jail so he can earn some small amount of money which will give him commisary.
His MRSA is still there but in no way is it as bad as I imagined it. His next court date is 9-25 when he will learn further about the burglary charge.

He knows he has to face this head on. I spent the first 15 minutes of the visit pouring out all the pent up anger, fear, sadness and disgust to him. Then I spent the next 15 minutes letting him know that this time in jail is his trial of fire and the only way through it is to go directly through it. I let him know that God saved his life for a reason, and for now that reason is to face these issues and be accountable for his decisions.

too soon too soon for anything more at this point, but I am very glad I saw him and that he didn't look as bad as I imagined. He is very thin, but not emaciated. His frame is usually pretty large so it was strange to see him at 175 pounds. I will visit him again if they keep him in the jail in downtown SD. The other jail is too far to go as often.

I still love my son and today for the first time since February, his eyes were true and HE was present , not the drug crazed addict who was in charge for the last 6 months.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeeaaahhhhh! I'm so glad to hear from you with good news!!!! Praying that this time will bring relief, calm, and healing to all. Thank you for posting. So happy for you!!! I care.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so happy you had the chance to see him in person. I am sure it was hard, but at least you got to lay your eyes on him so your imagination won't go so wild. Did he have anything to say to you? I am glad you got that time. Sleep well tonight!
Old 09-16-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Teresa
I'm glad you got to see him. When I see my son (which isn't often these days) he usually looks better than I thought he would. Glad to hear that you got to see JJ when he wasn't high...he was present with you. Hold those moments close to your heart.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-16-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you, and JJ. I hope this experience will be the one that causes his "AHA" moment. You both will continue in my prayers.

I have a book suggestion for you. "Stay Close" by Libby Cataldi. It really resonated with me, and may help you as well.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No words, just so happy the universe is still kind!

You are amazing!!!!!!!

JJ has an awesome Mom!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((Teresa)) - SO very glad you got to see ((JJ)) and he was present in mind AND his MRSA isn't as bad as you thought. I'm also glad you expressed YOUR feelings.

I'm not sure what he has to do to be a trustee, but pretty sure it includes being respectful and on his best behavior. It is something that is earned, and I'm glad he's wanting to do it.

As always, you are both in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-16-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

so very happy to hear such good news!

much love

Tina
Old 09-16-2012, 06:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So glad you got to lay eyes on him. Very important for a mama to gaze on her child, no matter how old he or she is. So happy to hear the MSRA is not as bad as feared and that he has a goal (trustee) while there. Also, so glad he's safe and looked better than you expected, and that you got to spend real time with the real JJ. Praise God.

Always in my prayers...

Ellen
Old 09-16-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You are in my prayers.

What a relief it must be to see that JJ doesn't look as bad as you had imagined. Our tendency to catastrophize can really get us down!

We all pray that our addicted sons/daughters may someday find their salvation.
Hopefully this is a turning point for your son.

You seem very strong. And that gives me strength.

with compassion,

peaceandgrace
Old 09-16-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting this, Teresa. I think that all of us are walking with you in your journey with JJ, and are so concerned for both you and him. So glad to hear that he is doing better than you feared. Sending prayers of support for the both of you, and hoping that this will be the chain of events that will put him on a path towards recovery.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sounds like a positive thing for your son. I am glad that you posted gives me hope too
Old 09-16-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

((((Teresa)))) Prayers answered, eh? What a relief that you got to see him.

Wouldn't it be an odd twist of fate if that burglary charge and subsequent sentence is the thing that got him clean? We never know...but God sure does. He is in control.

Thanks for posting, love. Big mama-hugs to you.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So glad you got to see jj and remove the images you were building in your mind with a healthier than expected image.

Holding the two of you in a blanket of positive thoughts as always!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for sharing. You and JJ continue to be in my prayers. I'm so thankful for you and others who continue to share. What a relief that must have been to have JJ actually present and to have him look better than anticipated.

((Hugs))
Old 09-17-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm really so glad that you got to see JJ and have "face time". Those moments are so very precious. I'm really glad that the MRSA was better than you had anticipated.

Thanks for the update....you both have my continued prayers...
Old 09-17-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Glad you saw your son and that it eased your worries.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I too am so glad you got to see him, the real him, and that his MRSA is not as bad.

Life leads us to where we are supposed to go...that applies to our addicted loved ones too, and it looks like JJ has been led to a good place.

Hugs
Old 09-19-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

It's a good sign that he is planning on being a trustee & working. He will probably get extra privlidges. It is much more productive in jail than just sitting around watching TV & playing/joking around with the other inmates.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Glad you saw JJ and I know all those feelings you were feeling. We have a lot in common.

Whaty