I can't seem to even answer my phone

Old 09-17-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I agree, answering the phone is very stressful. I ignored the call today from JJ who is jail because they charge $9.99 for 5 minutes! I saw him yesterday and advised him not to call me collect and that I would visit him again later in the week. It gave me stomach ache/pains and anxiety just seeing that number come up again. I am trying to keep the boundaries that must be in place for communicating with my son.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Amazing how a little device has so much power over us, we have to keep it on 24/7. We have to check every little detail over and over again...we are now ruled by the "Little Devil" called a cell phone.

I travelled all over the world on business, for 20 years I had no cell phone, I did business and was not controlled by the "Little Devil". My family survived, I survived.

Be strong, try not to awulize and obsess, doing those things will not change the outcome, he is in the HP hands....he always has been.

I am so sorry that you are struggling, however, I believe that you are doing the right thing for both you and him.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am glad that I am not alone is the phone thing ...I have let my battery die tonight just because I can't deal with it apparently my mother has let him sleep in her basement I think it is a mistake but I can't control what she does either ..so the emails will continue to come from her I am sure ...my son thinks he can get clean by himself the only thing that seems to lead to is him isolating himself ..to me loses his sense of reality because lets face it ..it is not normal to stay in the house days on end at 24 years old ...then once he starts getting out starts using worse than before if only he would get try rehab it probably would help him ...but I can say what I want it is truly up to him at this point and I a starting to realize that now
Old 09-18-2012, 05:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

So sorry for your pain...for everyone's pain who posts here. We have all been there, or are there still. But we have each other, and for that I am eternally grateful. I would not have made it through some of the darkest, most excruciatingly difficult times without the prayers, loving thoughts, and kind words from my SR family. Just knowing that others have felt what I have felt--sometimes it's so similar--identical really--that it's uncanny.

I hope you have gotten some rest. Your son, and your mother and you, are in God's hands.

Always in my prayers.

Ellen