I am taking a mental break

Old 09-13-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am taking a mental break

Hello SR family and my loving posse.
I wanted you all to know I am taking a mental break from my stress, worry, anxiety, fear and sadness. I need to stop some of my obsessive things like constantly checking the who's in jail website, checking our local crime site and JJ's facebook. It has become unhealthy for me (as well as too much time re-reading my posts and dwelling on this issue in my life).
I had an epiphany last night about God's care and love and protection.
So...
I will be reading everyone's posts here and supporting you all through your needs but I might be a bit more quiet than normal.
Of course I will update you all if we get any new news, but my heart is saying to be still and let go completely so that is what I intend to do.

Love and praise to God,
Teresa
Old 09-13-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! This should help you find more peace and serenity. One thing that has helped me let go of my obsession with my son's business is to imagine him wrapped in a glowing cloak of love. It helps me release him to the care of his HP.

You and JJ are in my prayers daily.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Teresa))) I think that is an excellent idea and I'm happy to hear you are taking care of yourself in this way. Let's PM from time to time just to check in, ok? I'll be thinking of you and praying...always.

Much love,
T.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

That's great!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Excellent choice, JJ. You know, public libraries have quiet reading rooms and lovely big books full of beautiful pictures. Whatever you choose, I hope there is quiet and beauty.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have been thinking about you, Teresa, and I am relieved and happy to hear you are going to give yourself a break. I hope it is restorative and strengthening in all ways. Peace.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Taking a break is wonderful, I hope you make lots of time for just you while you do. Walking in nature, reading a good book, listening to happy music...these all help me when I need to get out of my head.

Hugs to you, enjoy your down time.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You and JJ are always in my prayers. I wish you deep peace as you allow yourself to be lovingly restored.

Blessings,

Ellen
Old 09-13-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Teresa
I go all stealth and quiet sometimes too. It's ok. We do whatever we need to do for our own healing.

gentle gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-14-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My break is over :)

So.... Last night JJ was arrested off of the warrant for the burglary to our home. He is back in custody. I haven't heard from him, I got the email from the VINE system that told me he was back in custody. I can only assume he still needs medical treatment and they have to give that to him since they cannot just release him without him posting bail.

Prayers are appreciated. I believe God is actively involved in JJ's life right now, and I believe that this will all work itself out exactly like it is supposed to.
Love
Teresa
Old 09-14-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

((Teresa)) - I was going to tell you "YAY on doing what YOU needed to do for you". Now I see the last post.

You know how much I adore you, as I do most of the people here. It's okay to take a break, it's okay to post a gazillion times, it's okay to do what you need to do. I've been here and posted threads all over, I've taken breaks.

We are here for you. Yes, they will have to take care of his medical condition. If they don't want to absorb the cost, they may release him. I've been the A, I've been the nurse dealing with jailhouse medical issues.

Whatever happens, I and everyone else are here for you and you and ((JJ)) are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-14-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Teresa,

You let go - and JJ's HP took over. It really is amazing how that works. More prayers are on their way.

Susan
Old 09-14-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I see this as God's perfect timing. No need to end your break, God's got this covered.

Keeping you both in my prayers.

Hugs
Old 09-14-2012, 03:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wow! No need to end my break. That is so amazing to think that is what I am supposed to do! I will NOT end my break. As Susan stated, God is at work. Let me get out of the way.
Amy, thank you so much for your loving support. I actually had such a good release yesterday morning and look, the son is where he is supposed to be and I have peace.
Ann, always the right words at the exact right time.
I love the Momma Posse
TT
Old 09-14-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Keep resting, relaxing, restoring. Prayers are surrounding you and JJ.

Ellen
Old 09-14-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

((Teresa)) - The one thing I've learned over my years at SR? The people here have our back. Whether we are taking a break, or posting 3 threads at a time (guilty!!), there is a comfort in knowing that people care.

Do what you need to do for YOU, HP is going to take care of ((JJ)). We've got your back

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-15-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

God is good -- ALL the time.