SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   OT - Today I am Happy (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/267787-ot-today-i-am-happy.html)

JustAYak 09-10-2012 03:11 PM

OT - Today I am Happy

And I want all of you to be happy :). Every one of you should take a day to yourselves and relax, do what you enjoy and don't let anyone else encroach on your day. You all have been a great source of support and encouragement for me and I thank you kindly. It is days like today where I learn how to be grateful.

Oh, and for all of you animal lovers out there, I am also grateful for the new kitten I have adopted :). Her name is Sasha:

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/h...s/IMG_6359.jpg

Jay

PrayingMama 09-10-2012 03:21 PM

Hi Jason! So glad to see your post. I know you don't me at all, but I followed and posted on the thread where just about everyone on SR was praying for you and sending you big, warm mama hugs.

I love your new "baby!" She is just gorgeous (and I bet she keeps you busy and makes you laugh--my kittens always have). And there's nothing better than snuggling up with a warm bundle of soft fur.

Blessings to you and Sasha!

Zee 09-10-2012 03:28 PM

Hi, I'm the same as PrayingMama... I followed and posted on your thread. I'm so glad you are doing ok.

I love your kitty, she is beautiful :) I can spot a glint of mischief in her eyes though haha :) x

PaperDolls 09-10-2012 03:30 PM

OMG, that's the most adorable kitten I've seen in a long time!

So glad to see you posting Jason!!

Impurrfect 09-10-2012 04:06 PM

((Jay)) - you have NO idea how happy this post makes me:) I'm quite sure all your mom's here are going to be tickled pink to see their new "grandkitty":)

I know you don't do the "God" thing, and that's perfectly okay. I will just say that a prayer has been answered.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy

washbe2 09-10-2012 04:11 PM

Adorable kitty! Glad you are doing better. Good to hear from you.

suki44883 09-10-2012 04:21 PM

AWWWWWWWWWW!!! I love Sasha! Such a sweet kitty. It makes me so happy to know that you are happy today, Jay. I hope you and Sasha have wonderful time getting to know each other and making memories together. Your post has made ME very happy today, too! (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

JustAYak 09-10-2012 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Zee (Post 3572149)
I can spot a glint of mischief in her eyes though haha :) x

Oh she is most certainly a mischievous kitty, up to all sorts of no good, but her face is too adorable to get mad at. It seems to work in her favor :rolleyes:.

Ann 09-10-2012 05:24 PM

Jason, your post here made me cry because it is so good to hear from you and because that is the most adorable kitty I have ever seen.

You've been in my prayers and I just "knew" that you could pull through all this and now here you are. :hug:

You had thousands of people here cheering you on, Jason, and praying for you every day.

Take time to heal and find the joy again, Jason, and give Sasha a hug from her Auntie Ann.

Hugs

Fandy 09-10-2012 05:55 PM

she needs a hot pink collar and matching fur mouse! it's fashion week, doncha know? she's gonna be a little Diva.

congrats, she is a beeyootiful baby.

greeteachday 09-10-2012 06:15 PM

Happy happy Joy Joy - thanks for posting, Jason. I am really happy you are feeling better. There's a whole big community here that has been sending tons of positive energy and love your way - Glad you have felt it!

Sasha is absolutely gorgeous! Kittens and mischief just seem to go together...Enjoy all her antics :) and thanks for giving her a home!

Chino 09-10-2012 06:45 PM

She is soooo purrty :)

I'm glad you and Sasha have each other, and I'm so glad you're happy right now :grouphug:

laurie6781 09-10-2012 06:51 PM

OH (((((Jay)))))

So good to see you posting!!!

Well, I suspect that Sasha is training you very well!!!!! Kittens have a way of doing that, lol especially when they are as cute as she is!!!!

I am glad that you have a new fur kid!!!!!

Love and hugs,

EnglishGarden 09-10-2012 07:57 PM

Hi Jay and Sasha!! :)

I bet she jumps on your toes when they're under the covers.

EJG123 09-10-2012 08:17 PM

So glad you're better and that you've got a new friend. She's adorable!

bluebelle 09-10-2012 09:19 PM

Hi, Jay! It is so good to see you. Sasha is beautiful!

chicory 09-10-2012 09:45 PM

(((Jay)))
Thank you for sharing your happiness with us. Probably not many dry eyes here, after reading your post. You so deserve to be happy. What a good day, to read this from you Jay.

Sasha is a beautiful girl. That look , to me, says "I knew he was the one for me, at first sight!"

Oh, I just wanna kiss her little nose.

Dee74 09-10-2012 09:52 PM

That's awesome news and a great post Jay!
great to see you around again :)

:scoregood

D

oooopps 09-10-2012 11:43 PM

Jason, you dont know me either but I've previously lighted a virtual candle for you on your vigil page. Glad to see you have recovered and is now spreading love and kindness to a kitten. God bless you!! :)

Sunshine2 09-11-2012 01:06 AM

Jason, just hearing you say you are happy today makes us all happy too. Your strength is an inspiration to us.

That little Sasha kitty is just adorable. I bet you will get lots of joy, happiness and scratches from her.