feeling low

Old 09-07-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling low

Hey everyone, just feeling down in the dumps today. Even after doing something for myself, I still feel low. Any advice? Maybe I am just in a funk from my crappy week.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you have access to nature? I always find that a walk in the woods does wonders. And never underestimate the curative power of bowling!
Old 09-07-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Shell, How about a hot bath with some of your favorite music? I love to listen to good old 70's, sing along at the top of my lungs and find those happy memories.
If not that, any funny movies on TV always help.
Call a girlfriend over for giggles and cookies or icecream.

Find an outlet for your funk, sitting alone is not always a good thing.
Its friday and the weekend is upon us! try to focus on the next good thing, not what we have already battled through.
Hang in there, we care...
Teresa
Old 09-07-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Unfortunatly its raining here so outside is not gonna work for me today. And unfortunately most of my friends dont like to come over bc they know that he uses. I am gonna try the hot bath and music and see how that helps. I guess if I still feel low, I will just go to bed. Its better than listening to a rambling pill head all night. Hes been hunting for a few hours and when I texted him to ask him to come home and hang out with me, he said ok. So he came home, but hes not hanging out with me, hes outside shooting targets in the rain. So I guess thats his idea of hanging out with me.Nice huh? And I am pretty sure hes messed up again tonight. Never any peace... Ty for your suggestions, I'll give it a shot.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry Empty. As they say, nothing is lonelier than being stuck in an unfulfilling relationship.

Maybe tomorrow the sun will come out. I truly feel better if I exercise and get outside.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

well the bath didnt work either. And I have been stuck dealing with the AH since it got dark out. Thats when he decided to come inside and start his usual rants and raves. I truely do feel just like my name- empty shell. I wanted to tell him today that it was straight up or Im out as soon as I can, but I did not say anything bc I dont want to fight. Its exhausting and then he flips out, screaming and throwing stuff. I have truely hit a new personal low.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

Yeah, I understand. Time when I started looking for what fell out of my shell - in a meeting, step by step, until the next one.