SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   They let him go! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/267363-they-let-him-go.html)

Ilovemysonjj 09-05-2012 05:08 PM

They let him go!

washbe2 was right... They have released him as of 3:50 PM today and he was just sentenced yesterday to no bail and not eligible for release. I am a freaking mess, I know he was in medical ISO since Saturday, they were supposed to do some kind of procedure to isolate the MSRA and when I talked to him on Monday, they said it would be about an inch of tissue they were going to take out.
I called the sherrif and they could not explain to me why the F**CK they would release him.

The crazy train is here all over again. He has no money no phone no nothing.
Please pray he calls or gets picked up for something else. My heart cannot handle another disappearance.
Does anyone ever say "Why ME?"
I am very sad and very upset that the jail did this, I thought the judge had to order the release!!!!!!!!

Ann 09-05-2012 05:18 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that and will keep your son in my prayers.

I really hope he gets the medical attention he needs. And I hope you get to catch your breath because all of this is out of your control.

Sending mama sized hugs :hug:

SundaysChild 09-05-2012 05:20 PM

OMG. I am SO SORRY! DO you think it was because they didn't want to pay for the medical care he requires?

This is almost criminal behavior on the part of the prison system.

I'm sorry your respite was so short. Back to deep breathing, prayers, and cheesecake...

Scrapbooker 09-05-2012 05:31 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that. You and JJ remain in my prayers. Do what you can to take care of you ((hugs))

Ilovemysonjj 09-05-2012 05:32 PM

Hi , YES I THINK THAT IS EXACTLY WHY THEY LET HIM GO!
It is so unjust that they would throw him out and of course he is not in any frame of mind to understand I will take him to our hospital (he is covered) to get the correct medical treatment. This is despicable behavior on the frigging jail. I would think they can't just send someone out on the streets who is clearly sick.
Now he is out there again and based on his frame of mind he will probably go get high. I pray pray pray he goes on his own ability to the hospital, which is what i told him when he first called me, "Why didn't you go to the hospital?" He said he was too ashamed of his actions.
Lord, hold him in Your palm and save him.
I am heartbroken and severely devastated that they would do this to my son.

SundaysChild 09-05-2012 05:37 PM

I will also pray that he goes to the hospital- hopefully all our mama posse prayers will surround him with love and healing and help his HP steer him to the ER.

Impurrfect 09-05-2012 06:12 PM

I'm sorry, sweetie. Mega mega prayers going up for all of you.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

interrupted 09-05-2012 06:14 PM

Prayers going up that he is guided into the hospital for appropriate medical care. Try to get some sleep if you can and take care of you. :hug:

GardenMama 09-05-2012 06:16 PM

Oh, it makes me weep. I am so sorry. What a travesty. What's the point of jail anyway? Is there a public hospital near the jail?

I will pray right now that he finds a way to call you, that some kind and gentle soul will let him call you from a cell phone, that he finds medical care, that he does not disappear again. I am holding you in my heart, Mama of JJ. I hope you know how surrounded you are by love and prayers and peace.

kyles 09-05-2012 06:22 PM

You and JJ are in my thoughts. I hope he's safe and gets medical care soon.

dollydo 09-05-2012 06:56 PM

I am sorry, doesn't make sense to me. Hopefully he will go to the ER and get the care he needs.

Ilovemysonjj 09-05-2012 06:57 PM

Thank you SR family... I am coming off of the ledge of codependency now. I have to remember who is in charge. Not me. If/when he calls, I will do what I can to handle that call. It is best not to awfulize and dread what I do not know to be true. He was released so he could not have been in a life threatening situaion (I pray). If he was in a life threatning situation, then I will seek legal counsel as to what right the jail had to do that. They commit to providing medical care when needed.

I love everyone on this site,

TT:thanks

FenwayFaithful 09-05-2012 06:59 PM

Prayers sent out to you and your son.

I am so sorry for your continued troubles.

I hope he does the right thing and puts himself in a safe place and calls you to let you know what is going on.

Focus on you in the next few days. You're a very strong women

pipparina 09-05-2012 07:02 PM

I stumbled upon this thread by accident. After reading it, I want you to know you and your son will be in my prayers. I pray he is safe tonight, and you can get some peaceful sleep.

I cannot imagine what you must be going through, and I hope that you hear from your son soon.

Anaya 09-05-2012 07:24 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. How devastating. I am sorry.

washbe2 09-05-2012 07:57 PM

(((((you and JJ)))))))). I so understand your fear. It's almost impossible not to have it when medical conditions are present. The jails don't want the liability and responsibility. It is really about money unless the crime is a felony.

Wen my son was released on his own recognizance because I wouldnt make bail,I was shocked. But with a picc Line in his arm,they didn't want him badly enough to hold him.

I so pray he calls you so you can get him the medical attention he needs. My heart tells me he will. A hospital would be the best for him.

How did you find out he had been released? Can't imagine they were caring enough to let you know.

Try to remain hopeful and calm. I can almost feel your anxiety and hate it so badly for you. Our sons, like many addicts, have a few parallels. Hopefully he will be frightened enough to seek medical attention. I pray so. I do care.

Ilovemysonjj 09-05-2012 08:00 PM

thank you Washbe2, our jails have the VINE system you sign up for that notifies you when the inmate is released or back in custody. I got that email today at 3;52 and apparently JJ was released at 3:25 according to the deputy I talked to.
That is all I know right now. All I assume is he is somewhere doing something and if /when he want either help with medical assistance or rehab, he will reach out.
Thank you for your kind words of help about preparing for this to happen.
It is devastating to think our loved ones can't even get in jail for their issues.
Love
T

SeekingGrowth 09-05-2012 09:01 PM

Teresa, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Can't believe they would just release him, given his condition. Praying for his safety, and for your peace and sanity.

bluebelle 09-05-2012 09:30 PM

I'm sorry to hear this. Sending prayers.

lightseeker 09-05-2012 09:39 PM

oh for heaven's sake! I would say that I can't believe this but then I see some of the deplorable things that occur in our penal system and I'm not shocked. Saddened though....so saddened. And I bet you hit the nail on the head about the medical costs.

I'm hoping and praying he will get continued care....my guess is that he's had a good dose of the antibiotics though and I'm counting on that doing the trick. I know that my MRSA infections really began to subside immediately after my first dose of the medicine.

Mamma sized prayers going out for you and your boy. I remember a sermon I heard awhile ago about how God is omnipetent....the minister said "what that actually means is that God is LARGE and he is in CHARGE". Good reminder....I go off on my codie path but then that always brings me back into sanity......

Keep us posted....and oh....we love you right back honey!!!