He got CDV.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He got CDV.

Well my soon to be ex husband proved that he has not changed. On Sat. night he went to jail for criminal domestic violence high aggravated nature. His girlfriend's sister sent me a message on Facebook saying they needed to get in touch with his mom it was an emergency. I called his phone and his girlfriend answered. When I asked where he was she said he's in jail he tried to kill me. I said hmm did you ever wonder why I have a restraining order against him for my daughter and myself.

I am glad that he finally went to jail for domestic abuse. I hate that I went through it for 8 years and could never get him arrested but she got him arrested charged with a felony within months. Maybe now he will learn that it is not ok to hurt people or maybe he will never learn.

We have court tomorrow for our final divorce hearing. The only thing that he was wanting to fight me on was the supervised visitation. However he went to jail in July for DUI and now in Aug for CDV/HAN I don't believe he will have anyway of overturning the supervised visitation even if he had a great lawyer.

I am so glad that all of his problems are not all of my problems anymore. It is much better watching from the sidelines and not being stuck in the middle of it all. I do hope for our daughter's sake that he does wake up one day.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Under the circumstances, court supervised visitation arranged for and paid by him may be the best option.

Given the most recent charge, with some luck, he will spend some time in prison.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am very happy for your sense of sanctuary. May your home always be safe and peaceful.