What about my prescription meds?

Old 08-23-2012, 08:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I will not live with anyone who steals from me. That's my boundary and I am sticking to it.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GodHelpMePls View Post
Also...started reading some other threads and stickies...

Mostly they just scared me and made me feel bad. :-(

I want to think I'm different and this is not really happening in our marriage.

But it is starting to happen in little ways here and there...

And I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Will need to meditate more and spend time in nature to center myself so I can think clearly. That'd be a good start for me.
I know how you feel. I married a man who was an addict from day one. I didn't understand what that meant at the time. All I knew is I loved him and we had all the same goals and ideas of how we wanted our lives to be. I thought he was just having fun.... Turns out he wasn't just having fun. We were together for 8 years and married for 6. Just now seperated 2 kids later and my whole world has fallen apart. But the best thing I did was get on this website and started going to alanon. Found a home meeting near my house that has mostly people with my same situation. Its very comforting and the recovery for me has been wonderful. I get to start a new life. My advise to you is to listen to your brain and not your heart. There is actual evidents proving that love is blind. Love creates a euphoric effect over our consious self. Making us sacrafice part of who we are to make our euphoria last forever. But with all marriage the euphoria subsides and we wake up. Some more in love with there spouse than they have ever been (true love), others wake up and realize they no longer even love themselves and what they have become to keep a horrible abusive relationship going. Now my situation started like yours. I thought he could never hurt me, he would never, but unfortunantly the addiction takes over. Did he ever intend to hurt me. NO! I believe with my whole heart that his intentions were good, BUT he is an addict and thats what addict do. Keep reading. As hard as it can be. And keep communicating with your husband. What ever happens is up to God. Leave it up to him and all will be as it should be.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think we might get a lock box, right now we only have one med that we have to keep away from her... my husband takes something to sleep. Right now all we do is move the bottle very often, she found it accidentally one day not because she was looking, but because she used the ironing board.. we have placed it in shoes, and pockets and under a fan that always run.. you name it we have placed it.. the best one was the old thermos out in the garage and the old microwave out in the garage.. till she started hanging out in my office (connected to the garage).. I think we have been playing this "Shell" game long enough. Yep need to get a lock box.. A small fire safe will work too.. I think
Old 08-24-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I still am amazed daily by the lengths us enabling codies in denial will go to to avoid dealing with the reality of addiction.

Lock boxes and "shell games" are a perfect example.

The "Get the hell out" game ends up being much more peaceful.