My addict brother is constantly threatening me! Please help!

Old 08-22-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Beautifulsoul,
I just finished reading both of your threads & this sounds so horrifying. I'm so very sorry that you & your family are having to go through all of this trauma & horror.

I really hope that you & your parents will do everything that you can to stay safe. I think that if it were me, I would hide anywhere that I could for as long as it took. He sounds very dangerous & I would never doubt that he will do harm to any of you, because he's already crossed that moral line of physically touching his family to do harm. He is out of his mind from drugs, so you have done him a favor & your whole family a favor, by trying to have him incarcerated. He needs to stay confined for a very long time & hopefully won't be able to get to anymore drugs for a very long time. I know that he is your brother & he is very young, but now is the time to make a stand & do whatever you can do to be safe for yourself, your hubby & your parents. It's so hard for us parents, when it comes to our children, but you all just need to do whatever it takes now to stay safe. That should be your first priority, even over jobs & houses or whatever. That's my 2 cents anyway. I'm just really afraid for all of you. I feel you should all just run for your lives & I know that I would if it were me.
I'm so sorry. ************{Caring Hugs}}}}}}}}
Old 08-29-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Help for you

Hi Beautiful Soul. You might like to check out the Sibling Support program in Australia. Sibling Support is a program specifically for siblings affected by their brother or sisters alcohol/drug use. There is plenty of information/advice/techniques and support to help you get through this. Take Care