He has a week down in rehab

Old 08-18-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He has a week down in rehab

My boyfriend has been in rehab for over a week now. I have been keeping busy with work, cleaned the whole house, and Ive been workiong on setting up my class schedule for school.

I do miss him. I am not obsessing over him or anything. But I just hope that he is learning a lot of things that will help him not go back to using once he gets home.

I have talked to him several times. He said that he feels good. No cravings, but Im sure that is because of the injection he got after the detox. He told me all about his schedule and what kinds of stuff he is doing. He said he misses me, but he knows he has to focus on what he is doing there, and by doing that he will get stronger, and healthier, and then we can work on us. I agree with all of that.

Its funy but Im not too scared of what will happen when he gets out of there. Im just focusing on what I need to do as my days are full, and Im praying he is focusing on himself, and that the people who are helping him find all the right things for him. He says he does not have a lot of pain, they are not giving him ANY PAIN MEDS not even the non-narcotic ones, but he is going through sessions with a therapist everyday.

I also wanted to apologize for being a little intense in some of my prior posts, Ive learned a lot here and wanted to say thanks.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am glad you are keeping busy and living YOUR life. It's good to focus on your needs and what makes you happy. I am doing the same thing even simple things like reading a good book cooking a great meal taking my dogs for a walk. Life is so much better when all you have to worry about is yourself! I am glad your man is in treatment and he is telling you about his schedule it shows he is trying. I pray he will continue on the right road with no detours.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Continue to focus on yourself. Your life. Your needs. Let him focus on himself.

Have you thought about what it might mean for you if he doesn't stay clean? Will that be the end for you? Are you working on being strong enough to know when you need to walk away?

He is going to need to be very selfish while he gets better so either way you're going to need to be prepared to be independent.

I hope things work out for you.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FenwayFaithful View Post
Have you thought about what it might mean for you if he doesn't stay clean? Will that be the end for you? Are you working on being strong enough to know when you need to walk away?

He is going to need to be very selfish while he gets better so either way you're going to need to be prepared to be independent.

Im hoping that he will continue with the injections to stop the opiate uptake for a while after he gets out of rehab. But yes I have thought about what I will do if he cant stay clean. Its kind of complicated, because Ive also thought of what I will do if he cant find a way to manage his legitimate pain (from the accident) and also how I feel with living with someone that has limitations. And I dont mean major limitations, but injuries that prevent him from handling a lot of activity like hiking long periods, skiing, and that kind of thing. I know that sounds selfish, but we are both young, and there is a lot of life ahead, and lots of experiences I want to have. So all of these things come into play and I have to be sure of what I can accept, what I can handle, because otherwise its not fair to either of us.

thanks for your comments because there is a lot to think about when you are involved with someone who uses drugs. Im fortuante that the house we live in belongs to my grandmother, so if anyone leaves it will be him. I have pretty much my own independent life with work, school, and lots of friends who have really stepped up to support me. And my family was really upset, but now that they know he is in treatment, they have relaxed a bit and are just saying lets take it slow and wait and see. They know he had real injuries and how it all came about, so that helps. Ive really come to appreciate my parents through this experience .