Other peoples stories.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Other peoples stories.

Not sure how to word this, but I feel like such an idiot. For one thing I am angry that I stayed in such a horrible relationship for as long as I did. Except now I am mad that I left after hearing success stories. It took me to leave my AH for him to get himself into active recovery and it pisses me off now he wants nothing to do with me. I was the one that was there taking care of him for so many years.... Provoking and Enabling....UGH! Nevermind... I already know I was part of the problem and not part of the solution. I miss him.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sooner or latter we have to accept the things that we can't control. god knows better what's good for us. move on and keep exploring the world and your self. okay. take care.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Selective hearing/reading? Caretakers usually do not have good outcomes.

Your husband has been clean for 30 days, +/-. Most of that time was in a controlled enviornment of rehab. That was the easy part.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi lost0311, i share the same sentiments...although i really have to hear/read one success story, but somehow i feel the same...ive been good to my xabf the times we are together, i know the 3 cs, i didnt cause it, cant control it and wont cure it...or him, but somehow now, im guessing, pressuming, thinking that he really is having a better life with his new gf...an alcoholic...somehow he doesnt miss work, pay his bills, and gets to party whenever he wants...

i miss him too, i pray everyday for him, for me, for his mom and dad and for everyone in this community, addiction really did hurt all of us and we are all just taking it one day at a time