Thought for Today

Old 08-09-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thought for Today

The best choice

A negative reaction to a negative situation just makes things worse. Is that really what you want?

Envy does not bring you what you desire. Resentment does not make things right.

Instead of getting angry or seeking to get even, consider what you could do to move things forward. Even if the situation does not deserve a positive response, you deserve a positive life.

Base your actions not on what’s happened in the past, but on what you wish to create for the future. Instead of getting drawn into an endless conflict, lead the way toward the best outcome you can envision.

What’s happened has happened, and no amount of anger or dismay can change that. What you can influence is what comes next, so work to make it positive and fulfilling.

You have the power to respond in whatever way you choose. Choose to lift the world higher, for it’s always the choice that’s best for you.

— Ralph Marston
Old 08-09-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Resentment does not make things right.
This one thing changed my life. Once I recognized how much resentment weighed me down and I began recognizing it and worked on correcting/removing it from my thought process, things began to change dramatically in my life.

For me addressing my own resentment was a key turning point.

When I stopped feeding my resentment and took steps to correct those issues that were within my control that caused the resentment......WOW!......it was amazing how much my own resentment caused significant hardships......and I could control it!

Thanks for sharing. Great thoughts to take with me today.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 08-09-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The only thing we control is our reaction, especially our reaction to things we do not control.