SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   AD was beaten and raped last night... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/264328-ad-beaten-raped-last-night.html)

Freedom1990 08-03-2012 08:02 AM

AD was beaten and raped last night...

The doctor sent us on over to a medical center in Wichita where they have a special rape trauma unit that is capable of a more thorough exam, and can collect forensic evidence. We were there for 4 hours.

Her physical injuries will heal a lot more quickly than the emotional ones. I am trying to process this all myself because I was also raped at 24, but it went unreported, and I never dealt with it until I was in the psychiatric ward in '87. Another patient brought the subject up in group. I had some pretty intensive therapy to work through it. I need to start journaling again.

He is in jail. He is the "friend" of a friend she was visiting. She did not know until after this happened (and she was at the police station) that he had only been out of prison for three weeks. He did time for aggravated assault.

There was a very nice lady there from a rape crisis center who stayed with AD through the exam. All of the nurses work in this unit and were also very kind to her and me both.

If I sound disjointed, I am sorry. Right now I don't know where I am at other than nauseous.

Life will go on. I am going to work, and so is she. I hope she uses the resources presented to her yesterday for help. I can't be the one to help her process this.

We could both use your prayers.

Learn2Live 08-03-2012 08:05 AM

Freedom, I am so sorry this has happened. My prayers are with you and your daughter. I have just said a prayer for your family and will continue to do so. (((hugs)))

Kindeyes 08-03-2012 08:10 AM

Oh no....I am so sorry to hear this. Glad they have him in custody. Rape is so much more than a physical assault......

You and your dear daughter will be in my prayers.

Gentle gentle hugs to you both
ke

DavinsGrammy 08-03-2012 08:11 AM

Prayers for you and family~

suki44883 08-03-2012 08:11 AM

OMG! I am so sorry! Prayers going out to both of you.

interrupted 08-03-2012 08:24 AM

This is just awful, I'm so sorry!

When the really difficult stuff hits sometimes I like to meditate on the last line of a poem by Patrick Overton, it's the one in my signature, it's titled "Faith" - please know that you and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

EJG123 08-03-2012 08:32 AM

DeVon- I am so sorry to hear this. At least she will have your support, our prayers, and some peace of mind that the guy is locked up.

tjp613 08-03-2012 08:49 AM

I am sick over this horrible news. I wish there was something I could say that would ease your pain and that of your precious daughter. I'm just so, so sorry, DeVon. I hope he rots.

Seren 08-03-2012 09:04 AM

(((DeVon))) I'm just crushed for your daughter and for you. Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Ilovemysonjj 08-03-2012 09:15 AM

DeVon, I am so sorry to hear this. How traumatic for both of you. Rape is so personal and I really hope your daughter seeks help for the PTSD she may experience.
Also I pray she finds the strength to take the next steps in her recovery.
Hugs, prayers and many angels to soothe your heart and soul and your daughter's.
TT

Nina Kay 08-03-2012 09:23 AM

Oh my goodness, that is so horrible. I'm so glad that they have him locked up & more than likely going back to prison for alot more years. I'm so very sad for you & for your baby girl. I'm also very sorry that this opens up old wounds for you as well. You both will be in my thoughts & prayers.
It's wonderful that there were so many kind people at that trauma unit. I know that must have made it all so much easier to endure. Again, I'm so sorry that this has happened to your child & to you.
************************{HUGS DeVon}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Ann 08-03-2012 09:27 AM

I am so very sorry, DeVon, and my prayers go out for both of you today. :hug:

I hope she will reach out for all the support she can get, and that you both surround yourself with people who care and love you.

I am glad they have the attacker in custody and I hope he never sets foot on land outside a prison for the rest of his slimy life.

Hugs to you and your daughter. :hug:

cangel2 08-03-2012 09:30 AM

So so sorry to hear this. Sending positive thoughts to you and your daughter! We are here for you!

Krystal32 08-03-2012 09:49 AM

Freedom, I am so so sorry this happened to your daughter. I'm at a loss for words. This just hurts my heart. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter. Again, I'm so very sorry....

cece1960 08-03-2012 10:11 AM

I'm so sorry Freedom. Prayeres that the healing begins quickly.

Katiekate 08-03-2012 10:27 AM

Freedom, I am speechless. I can't imagine the pain you are both in.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

lesliej 08-03-2012 11:15 AM

Saying prayers of healing, prayers that at such a time your heart finds way to stay open to all the love of spirit surrounds you. So sorry for your pain. Leslie

kmangel 08-03-2012 11:21 AM

So sorry for you and your daughter. You are both in my prayers.