His Drug Test Was Clean !

Old 08-01-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile His Drug Test Was Clean !

I posted a while back about my boyfriend and how he had been shooting up the saline because he was craving the feeling he got from the needle and all that. And then we talked about all of it, and he and his doctor invited me to come to one of his sessions to talk about relapse and the needle, and how I was feeling about all of it. All of that really helped. This was last week.

He had a drug test usign hair on Monday which is required every so often by his employer. It came back clean.

I really didnt doubt that it would after I realized it was saline and not coke he was shooting, but still there was a chance, and I am so proud of him - even though he got close and used an unorthadox way to satisfy his cravings.... he seems better now since getting it all out in the open and working more with his doctor.

I wanted to tell everyone here about the test because you all helped me through that stressful time (that I caused myself by not talking with him directly and quickly) ( so stupid on my part - but I learned from it).

We are going to be leaving for vacation at the end of the week, and we are both looking forward to it. He will have access to his doctor only by phone but Im hoping he wont need him during our time away.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

enjoy your holiday. and glad everything is going well for your partners recovery.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Enjoy your vacation. I'm glad that the test turned out like it did....I know this time has been scary and really stressful for you. Soak up the relaxation!!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Enjoy the week away. I'm happy he's hanging in there. It's a positive sign that you were able to discuss serious issues as a couple. Have a nice vacation.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is good news, Bluejaybird! I think you learned a lot here even if the lessons were tough. We want nothing but the best for you and your BF. I hope you believe that.

(((Hugs)))
Old 08-01-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have a fun and safe vacation.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
That is good news, Bluejaybird! I think you learned a lot here even if the lessons were tough. We want nothing but the best for you and your BF. I hope you believe that.

(((Hugs)))

Thank you TJP and gang. Yes I did learn some valuable lessons during this relapse scare. I think overall it has made me stronger, and has broadened my knowledge at least a little bit about the power of addiction, my own strengths and weaknesses, and I think as odd as it sounds it has strengthened the relationship between my and my boyfriend.

He says he is feeling a lot better. He seems good to me. He has stuck to his 2x week appointments with his psych doctor for at least a month now. I think it has helped him. I really think after he was able to get all his feelings out in the open, and talk about how close he was to relapsing a few weeks ago; it was a big step for him. None of it was easy for him, and I respect that and Im really proud of him for stepping up and figuring out what he needed to do to get himself away from being on the verge of relapse.

We are leaving for vacation this weekend, and we are going to be away for over two weeks, but we have been having fun planning, and figuring out our schedule, and all the fun stuff you do before you actually go. We are going over to the England and we have tickets to some of the olympic events, and then we are going to go to several other countries in Europe , and do lots of sight seeing, etc.

Anyway, thanks again for all your kind words and support. Ive still been reading some, and will get back to it again when we return Im sure.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Have a terrific time, Bluejaybird. What a wonderful trip you have planned. I agree that the preplanning is a lot of fun. Wear comfortable walking shoes! You'll need them!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Have a wonderful vacation BlueJayBird, Its sounds like so much fun.

Ive been reading your posts over the last few weeks, and Im very happy to hear his drug test was clean, and things are going well for both of you.

He is very lucky to have you in his life !