A good song for new members

Old 07-31-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A good song for new members

I find this a good song to help me when I get weak and I personally feel it is a great song for new members.

She Cant Save Him - YouTube
Old 07-31-2012, 11:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting that song. I just listened to it. Just last night I had a meeting with my AH, his family, and a counselor about where to go from here. I told them that I have images of my AH drowning in a lake and I'm holding onto him by his shirt. I can't pull him up but I see the fear and desperation in his eyes so I can't let go either. But, he's pulling me in with him. I told him and his family that I have to let go...We have to let go of him. He decided to jump into that lake. Before I came to SR, I would have never had that mindset. I'm going to an Al-Anon meeting tonight. It's the 2nd one I've ever been to. All I did was fight back tears at the first one I went to....That was months and months ago.
Another song that helps is by Sara Evans- A Little Bit Stronger.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yes, I also like Sarah Evans song, I listened too it a lot when I first asked my AH to move out. That was three months ago. I also like Stronger by Kelly Clarkson.

I am glad your going too another meeting I hope you can start getting to them more often