Son out of rehab - thinking he is using again already.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I made the mistake back in March of allowing my 23 yr old son to come back home after spending 60 days in rehab. I wish I would have had the advice and counsel of all the previous posters back then. Home was not the place for him to be. He began using again in a very short time. This time he was given the choice of moving out or going back to rehab and then to a sober living environment. He made the better choice and when we picked him up in early May, we drove STRAIGHT to the SL house and dropped him off. It was the best thing for him and also for our family. I can see the positive changes in him and I think he is a lot happier not being around the old familiar places. Things are a lot more peaceful and I pray everyday that continues. Please listen to what the SR members are telling you, they know what they are talking about!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lamkins- if he hs been using your youngest son's phone or anyone else's, you should consider changing those numbers. You won't want your youngest son getting calls and texts from him or any of his druggie friends/dealers.
When I took my AD's phone, she would use any phone she could lay her hands on to call dealers for drugs and sometimes they called back on whatever phone she used.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry that you are going through this and that he has gone back to this behavior.

TODAY: change the locks, shut off that cell number....get your other son a new phone (for the reasons EJG123 stated above).

The other posters are right, if you give him time, he will be angry and will steal, or worse....you have helped him all you can, it is now up to him.

i hate that so many other parents are going through this, it is ugly and painful and so wrong.