Very Good News for Now

Old 07-30-2012, 09:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very Good News for Now

Just a quick but necessary update. My AD found a sober house in a nearby city that will allow her to come back for her intensive outpatient program. She checked in today and used the support of our family member who'd offered to pay her rent. He agreed to one month just so that they can both decide if it is a good place for her to stay. Regardless, she committed to 4 months at a sober house before "taking off" to a warmer climate...

She was an agitated, aggravated and annoying mess while she was home packing for thirty crazy minutes this evening, but somehow i remembered a counselor explaining PAWS: post-acute recovery syndrome, and I realized this was clearly that--a very stressful moment for her when she was giving up a lot of control to live in a new place and follow new rules in a new city.

By a great happenstance, my husband took her and not me. On the way, less than a block from home, he saw her abusive XABF, the one who introduced her to heroin, walking like a ghost up the street. Last we'd heard he was in Texas. When my husband asked her if she'd seen him, all she said was, "Don't tell him where I am." Hope springs eternal.

So far, I am emboldened by my decision to not let her come home. It was AGONY, but it seems to be working out much better for all of us. Funny how God works things that way sometimes.

xo.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So very happy there is a bright spot in your life. Pray all goes well!
It's always good to hear a story with hope !
Old 07-31-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Love to hear stories like this. So helpful to those of us struggling elsewhere on the journey. So glad for you (and hubby) and your daughter. Bless your angel family member, too.

Peace to all of you.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

An answer to our prayers!!!! Thank you so much for the update -- you made my day!
Old 07-31-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenMama View Post
Funny how God works things that way sometimes.
Yes, when we give Him our problems, He comes through for us. I have often seen doors open to let me through with no resistance when I have trusted God. So glad your daughter is now moving to the sober house. She managed to keep her head above water just fine while looking for a place. Well done on your part. You kept you head above water just fine, too!
Old 07-31-2012, 11:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Wonderful news!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've learned that God does work things out in ways we never imagine. We have to keep trusting in Him daily.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So glad to hear something positive. I still will keep her in my prayers, as well as all others, as she begins her journey.

Huggs,
Hope
Old 07-31-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

God gets to do His best work when we step out of his way.

This is wonderful news. I am keeping her in my prayers.

Hugs