Son tested negative on 5-point panel for marijuana but...

Old 07-27-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

Son tested negative on 5-point panel for marijuana but...

Greetings, friends,

Our new poster Worried5699 put a post up in a sticky and I am moving it here as a favor. I PM'd Worried5699 too.

thanks.

Originally Posted by worried5699 View Post
Please Please help. I have a wonderful 13 year old son who has recently admitted to using marijuana he is on house arrest for a really poor judgement call on his behalf. I decided to start having him tested through my doctor's office for recent use, it came back from the lab clean. I took him to a court appointed counselor and before he left they drug screened him. They said the line was faint but it was positive, I call the doctor's office back and the physician claims that a faint line means it is neg on a 5 panel rapid screen but, the counselor is reporting to probation that this is a positive result and he is at risk of being removed for violation. I am freaking out because we also, have a compliance order so we are at risk of losing him, being arrested, and possibly resulting in the demotion of my husband's rank in service(and investigation of our competency of having our other 4 children) a big mess and no answers
Old 07-27-2012, 11:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I honestly don't know exactly what to say about what you're dealing with, i just wanted to say that you're in my thoughts tonight.

I guess if I were you I would put more faith in the surprise test, and do everything I could to separate my small children from anyone who would jeopardized their well being.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When my oldest AS was a minor and on probation with juvie they always counted a faint as negative however they did let me know that the faint was because it was almost out of his system and where I live it has to show 100% true positive.

I would see if your doctor could fax them his results.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you for all the responses we had another test done and it turns out that he was negative and was clean the entire time. I have no doubt we have many issues with him and I would love to hear what others did when their teens started to stray
Old 07-30-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The Lord works in the strangest ways, I believe the day I took him into my heart and trusted him with my family he took that more seriously then I. I confess that I have for many year tried to do this on my own and now he is shaking me saying women I AM IN CHARGE. I need wisdom and strength to know what is right.