Fun in recovery (and "me time" too)

Old 07-27-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fun in recovery (and "me time" too)

I love my beautician/nail tech! The one thing I insist on for my "me time" is my manicure every two weeks, and getting my hair colored. The pink was her idea today after it was colored, and a couple other gals my age have had their bangs done too. It will wash out in a week's time. I may start keeping the pink up!

...and a better view of my nails from yesterday's manicure!

Old 07-27-2012, 11:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(((DeVon))) Nice!

I admire your patience. I don't think I could sit still long enough to have someone do all that to my nails
Old 07-27-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Love both hair and nails! Very cool
Old 07-27-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Luuuuuv it!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The pink/magenta streak definitely suits you!!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Love it!!!!!!

The hair needs a touch more pink, just a wee bit more.

The nails are KEWL.

I too have my nails done every two weeks and my hair I leave natural
as I have just enough grey that it looks 'highlighted', lol and I keep it
short in a very 'sassy' pixie.

I do so understand. Without Rosie (my beautician) and Nellie (my nail
tech) my 'spirits' would not be near as good as they are even with the
pain I (and you) live with. My furr kids also help a lot, especially since
I got the 'boys'. There is not a day that goes by that I do not end up in
a 'laughing fit' from some clownish stunt they have pulled or have gotten
Shania involved in, lol

So, yes, we MUST always be GOOD TO OURSELVES. If we do NOT keep
ourselves mentally healthy, well ................................... we all know
what happens.

You GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 07-27-2012, 07:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I absolutely LOVE IT! (and I'd like to add that you have very pretty eyes DeVon!) I think the PINK is perfect!

I did the mani/pedi thing with my daughter and niece a couple of weeks ago. So much fun to go with them.....they make me laugh. I had little flowers painted on my big toenails. It's so darn cute that I'm going next week to have it done again.

Isn't it fun to take care of YOU!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-28-2012, 01:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I love it as well always wanted mine part pink and part purple now that I see the pink I just may try it.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
I absolutely LOVE IT! (and I'd like to add that you have very pretty eyes DeVon!) I think the PINK is perfect!

I did the mani/pedi thing with my daughter and niece a couple of weeks ago. So much fun to go with them.....they make me laugh. I had little flowers painted on my big toenails. It's so darn cute that I'm going next week to have it done again.

Isn't it fun to take care of YOU!

gentle hugs
ke
Thank you for the compliment on my eyes, KE!

Crazybabie, here is a picture of my youngest daughter Amber getting ready to go out on her 24th birthday last month. You can see her colors are much heavier, but it gives you a sample of three different fun colors she likes!

Old 07-28-2012, 07:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

love, love, LOVE the pink!!
Old 07-28-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Amber is a knockout! Beautiful!
Old 07-28-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Isn't it amazing how doing something so simple for yourself can make you feel so much better? I LOVE the pink, I wish I could pull that off but my hair is way too dark
And I can honestly say I have never had a pedicure, I've heard they're amazing though. I'm thinking I need to try it out.....
And I must agree with KE, your daughter is gorgeous!!
Old 07-28-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Krystal32 View Post
And I can honestly say I have never had a pedicure, I've heard they're amazing though. I'm thinking I need to try it out.....
I've never had a pedicure in my life until this spring/summer! I'm really self-conscious about my feet because I lost the fourth toe on my right foot to a brown recluse bite several years ago, but I decided what the heck. I can always tell people who ask that I lost the toe to a shark attack (I live in Kansas)!

This last week was my last pedicure for the year as I've had to tighten up the belt on my budget, but I had a lot of fun this year having them done.

Thank you both for the compliments on Amber. Now if I could just get her to dig into Alanon, fix herself (and her man-picker). I guess the apple does not fall far from the tree!

At least she sees what recovery looks like in my life, and maybe someday she will get sick and tired too, and want to change her life.

In the meantime, I shall continue forward on my path!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Brown recluse bite?? Oy, those things are nasty but hey, at least you can make a great story out of it, haha!! The shark story is fantastic I think, that made me laugh out loud

And yes, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. My mother is a drug addict/alcoholic and while I'm not, I fell in love with one and had 2 kids with him!! But I am at the very very beginning of my recovery and alanon is my life raft. I seriously don't know what I would do without it.

It's stories like yours freedom, that inspire me and let me know that regardless of how this turns out for him (my addict) I will be ok. I have to be not just for myself but for my 2 beautiful children. They deserve the very best.

I do hope that your daughter does decide to seek out recovery for herself. I am trying to encourage my fiances mother to come to alanon with me and I've got her thinking about it, which is better then the automatic "No" I was getting before. But of course ultimately it's up to them to take that step
Old 07-28-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Krystal32 View Post
It's stories like yours freedom, that inspire me and let me know that regardless of how this turns out for him (my addict) I will be ok.
Thank you so much dear, and you will be okay!

For me, I can't maintain consistent recovery in my life unless I give away what was so freely given to me.

Others shared their experience, strength, and hope with me when I was new to my recovery in codependency, and now I pass it on to others.

I am so grateful for SR because our tiny little Alanon group folded some weeks ago, and this is a venue to share my story with others.

I was first introduced to Alanon in 1987, but did not hit my bottom and get serious about my recovery in codependency until July of 1999.

Sending you hugs of support!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love both your hair and the nails! Very fun!! Your daughter and you are both beautiful!...I'm sure she is as beautiful on the inside too as her Mom!

Now where is our Ms. Pink? She is going to be soooo envious

Thanks for sharing these pics!