Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

If you could only see the way he loves me then you would understand

Old 07-24-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

That use to be a song I would sing to myself when I wanted to leave. I use to think that I would never find someone that loves me the way that he did. How co-dependent was that?? I am just waking up from my co-dependencies - it is an amazing feeling! I hear that some people are in Al-anon as long as 30+ years, so I guess that this Al-anon thing is similar to AA. I need AA to stay sober from alcohol, and I might need Al-anon to stay sober from people!!
I just started singing that song and a light bulb went off again! I can find someone else to love me, and even better than he did!!

I am so grateful to this site for helping me to see the light! I am so grateful for all of you out there that answer all of the posts, I couldn't do it without yall!!
Thank yall so much!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hear that some people are in Al-anon as long as 30+ years, so I guess that this Al-anon thing is similar to AA. I need AA to stay sober from alcohol, and I might need Al-anon to stay sober from people!!
There are many double winners in 12 step programs. I find that they bring a lot to our meetings, just as their contributions here on SR are priceless.

I don't know if I'll still be going to Al-Anon or Nar-Anon 30 years from now. I suppose I'll keep going as long as I'm growing.

You do deserve to have a partner in life that brings an equal contribution to a relationship. Having been married to an A for five years.....and now being married to a normal, healthy man for 27..... I can attest that the difference is like night and day.

I hope that you'll have the good fortune to experience that too.

gentle hugs
ke