how long does it take for an AA meeting

Old 07-23-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

how long does it take for an AA meeting

how many hours does it take for an AA meeting?
does it usually take 1 to 2 hours? too petty to ask but been waiting for my hubby to call after the meeting. been almost two hours since he left. got suddenly scared with the thought of him going the "other way". if it is a sin to doubt, forgive me.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have no clue how long an AA meetings last I know the al anon meetings here last 1 1/2 hours.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ok, mayan, its time to put it in God's hands. if ya pray dont worry, if ya worry dont pray. it isnt a sin to doubt, but it aint doin ya any good.
worrying is like sittin in a rocking chair. it gives ya something to do, but doesnt get ya anywhere.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The meeting usually takes about an hour but often, there is a lot of connecting and conversation after the meeting. Our minds often go into the orbit of what ifs. Doing something to keep myself busy usually helps me.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-23-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It depends on the type of meeting. Speaker meetings, discussion meetings here are usually one hour and a half. step studies usually one hour. Also, I was told to come early and help set up and stay late to help tidy up and meet others. Also, to be available for coffee afterward if asked or ask someone new or in need for coffee and pie.

It's important to socialize and get to know the folks in your meetings. Anyway, that's how it is out here.

love from Lenina
Old 07-23-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

he is back!!!!! thank GOD , and you were right, the sharing was an hour and he told me that there had been few more talks after that. He said and showed me a book that they gave him. (i saw it coz we were on facetime) It says, something like "just for Today" kind of reading material, and "for a newcomer: i think. We started our hellos on the phone with a prayer. He said " hi hon, pray with me before we start " and i gladly did. He said the prayer of serenity and i followed. I was crying in JOY deep inside me. And I am continously praying that everything will work for US and everybody. Thank you everyone. from the bottom of my heart.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

My question is how long does it take to read 5 chapters of Codependent No More!!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i am actually lookinf for it online right now. looking for a free epub version or pdf so i can put it on my phone. am getting there...
Old 07-24-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

Am getting there is the hardest part for me!! I am trying also, with baby steps and this site!! I have two addictions - alcohol and to him!!
I fit weren't for this site and reading all the posts and stickies, I would probably be crazy right now!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Sorry you had anxiety! but while the actual meeting is only an hour long I often go 30 miuntes early and stay 15-20 minutes late to chat with folks. That is good to do!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Let go and Let God!

I go to my AA meetings about 30 minutes early and have stayed up to 2 hours after. We call it the meeting after the meeting.