Scared and Excited

Old 07-23-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared and Excited

Update

I am in the process of packing I am moving in with my dad and his wife doing so will allow me too be able to save the money for a much better car, clothes which I have very few of seeing AH money goes for drugs, a nest egg for when I move back out on my own, the money to move back out as well as a divorce.

AH, finally agreed last night he will sign I was wanting to do the papers myself which would save me at a minimum $500.00 but my step-mom and I agreed it would be, better if I use an attorney. I figure the difference in the cost is well worth it in case he backs out the other way because if I do it myself the judge can not sign for him he has too and last time I tried that he would never show up.

The way things are planned I will be with my dad and step-mom for 2-3 years dad wants me to just move there and stay but no way lol.

I will admit I am scared change is scary and this, is big changes. I am having to break my lease which I am not happy about but I suppose you have to do what you have to do. I can't make the bills here alone anymore.

A part of me is sad because I am ending a chapter of my life the other part is excited. AH, is suppose to come by today after work so we can iron out the details he isn't happy about that but will not do it over the phone if I know him at all anymore which I question he will not show anyways.

DD has started drinking a lot which concerns me seeing alcoholism runs in the family but I know I can't worry about that.

I will be needing support through this transition reality may slap me in the face once I get moved and the papers get signed. I keep telling myself I am doing the kind and loving thing for me as well as I am loving him enough to let him go.

Thanks for reading.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hang in there...things will get better.

prayers and hugs to you.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

First of all congrats on steps forward CB!!!!

I had to move back in with my father and my step mother as well because of two addicts and the financial and emotional ruin they put me in. I also have a rare disease and have neglected taking care of myself while I was too busy enabling addicts/alcoholics.

I'm very happy for you and there are going to be great days ahead trust me! It won't always be an easy road but once you take that first step of freedom from the addict you are on a new path to a new life with many opportunities to find yourself and love yourself in new ways! It takes a lot of courage to do what you are doing, so if things get bad at times just remember what a strong person you are and that you owe yourself this chance to live again!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are brave. Hugs for you!! Things will be better. I will include you in my everyday prayer.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Just Keep Swimming

Good luck with the move!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I admire ur courage CB, u are my inspiration!! Good luck with the move, nowhere to go but UP from here
Old 07-23-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Change can be scary, but sounds like you have a 2 loving and supportive people to help you through the transition. As much as they may get on your nerves, remember to count your blessings.

I miss my MOM soooooo much. May she rest in peace!!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good luck, CB! How scary and exciting all at the same time! You are so brave and strong to do this.

Moving mercies to you...
Old 07-23-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You are brave Angie.
You will endure.
Good Luck!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

.....the COURAGE to change the things I can.....

These steps are taking a great deal of courage, Angie. One day at a time.....sweetie.....you CAN take care of you!

Keep sharing your journey.....your courage and strength will encourage others to fine their own.

gentle hugs and lots of love
ke
Old 07-23-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just as I expected he didn't come but I am glad seeing him would have made me feel weak I am sure. I was gonna give him a heads up that my attorney s going too have him pay for at least half if not all the divorce Codie thinking I suppose.

Things worked out the way God wanted I feel sure I have faith that is how this journey is going to be. I am stepping out of Gods way and in due time I will be where ever I am suppose too.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

While I can't give any advice I do want to say thank you for sharing and being as strong as you are right now.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Lots of good positive steps to freedom!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Angie I've been AWOL for a whole and only just saw this, you're doing amazingly well well done for taking care of you! Your growth has been huge in such a short time.