SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   So confused not some help (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/262209-so-confused-not-some-help.html)

confused85 07-11-2012 04:34 PM

So confused not some help

So I'm the proud father of 3 great children, 5 month old twins and my adopted 5 year old son. My wife was a meth user in her early 20's but had been clean for 7 years. Last month my wife got back on meth and disappeared for a couple days only to come home mean as hell and pointing fingers. We got her detoxed and to an inpatient 30 day program and all was well for 2 weeks, I went to every group I could and couples counseling went amazing!
She walked out on the 4th of july and said" I just didn't want to be clean that day. She's detoxed again a few days later and is in a program called "house inc" in Joplin Mo which required a year commitment. She has 2 weeks of being locked down but then she has to get a job and can have weekend passes to come see us...or who ever see pleases. She is on Zyprexa (bi polar) and I took her $300 worth today but I'm scared that this is just another bandage.
I love her with all my heart and miss my best friend but I feel abandoned,used and lonely. Where did my wife with the heart of gold go?

She has had many traumatic events in her past but our time together has been the happiest that I've ever know

Thanks!

Learn2Live 07-11-2012 05:09 PM

I'm so sorry confused85. I too lost my best friend, but for good. I hope your wife finds her way back to sobriety and her family. (((hugs)))

washbe2 07-11-2012 05:27 PM

How difficult for you to maintain the house and children while your heart aches. I'm so sorry and pray she reaches the end of that lifestyle soon. I admire you for your stand and taking care of the children while she is away.

LoveMeNow 07-11-2012 05:45 PM

I am so sorry for you and your children! I pray your wife embraces recovery this time around!!

Was she working a NA program or any kind of program during the 7 yrs clean?

confused85 07-11-2012 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by LoveMeNot (Post 3484699)
I am so sorry for you and your children! I pray your wife embraces recovery this time around!!

Was she working a NA program or any kind of program during the 7 yrs clean?

Thanks everyone!
Well I just found out that she has been on pain killers for our entire relationship. I was supporting her through nursing school and got waaaaay to caught up into work and missed a lot of signs : ( She's been clean for 4 days now so let's pray for another....40 years : )

crazybabie 07-11-2012 09:32 PM

I am sorry for what your going through I am not a doctor and this, is not intended to be medical advice.

I know a lot of times addicts have undiagnoised mental disorders and I have seen many post that the drug problem needs addressed first then later they find the other issue.
Your wife's case if different she already has the diagnosis do you know if the place she is at requested you send her the med? I have a diagnosis of bipolar disorder and I know that many of the meds cannot be stopped cold turkey. I am not familiar with the one she takes.

I will keep you and you precious children and your wife in my prayers.

crazybabie 07-11-2012 09:33 PM

Is she in a dual diagnosis treatment ?

Lara 07-11-2012 10:18 PM

My heart goes out to you and your children....my love and prayers