My daughter

Old 07-11-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lesa

My daughter

Not sure what to do -My daughter is using something .She is out all day and night .I have her kids while she runs..she says she not using and yet the sighns and are there..she comes home and yells and makes a excuses and ect //..I cant talk to her about it when i do there more yelling and stuff..she acts if she does not care about anyone or anything..but people i know who use ..what should i do ..help
Old 07-11-2012, 03:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
lesa

I need help
Old 07-11-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi Lesa, it's good to see you again. :ghug3

I'm so sorry about your daughter, and bless you for keeping her children safe.

Sadly, there is nothing you can do except keep the children safe. It's very dangerous for them to be with an active addict.

I don't know if you've tried meetings, Lesa, but they really helped a lot of us here. Maybe find one in your area and give it a try.

I know this all is very hard for you. Please know that you have the support of everyone here.

Hugs
Old 07-11-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lesa

I read what not to do ,,I know she going to loose her kids they way she going ..i read what not to do and when I move back to Dallas from here and she needs a place to live and it going to hard to tell her no but the kids can stay ..I wonder if anyone done that out there ..how do you help them ..my bf now and her ..I now she gets and acts of out control ..hard to deal with her..I have a quest when she yells at me what should I do
Old 07-11-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lesa View Post
I have a quest when she yells at me what should I do
When she gets angry, focus on keeping yourself and the children safe. Don't engage her.

There's a saying I've learned in AlAnon "You don't need to attend every fight you're invited to." Walk away.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey.....I'm so sorry that you're having a difficult time. It's very hard when an adult child is addicted......that is multiplied when they have children.

In the past, when my son became verbally abusive and out of control, I have called the police and had him removed from my home. That is a difficult option but protecting yourself and those children from her abuse is important.

Establishing strong boundaries and holding to them is important. There is no reason for anyone to tolerate inappropriate behavior in their own home.

I have found tremendous help and relief in a close group of friends I have made through going to Nar-Anon and Al-Anon. They understand me. They understand addiction. They understand things that other "normal" people just don't get. Give some consideration to getting some support face-to-face. It helps.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-11-2012, 09:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Remember you didn't cause it you can't cure it and you can't control it, set some boundaries when you feel you can and keep the little one's and your self safe.

Do you have a Higher Power if so do your best to turn it over where it belongs.

Did you find any ways that helped with your boyfriend that you may could use those tools now?
Old 07-12-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lesa, no wise words from me this morning, but I am saying a prayer for you, your daughter and her children too and sending lots and lots of hugs to you.

I really hope you find peace with all this and that the children remain safe.

More Hugs